horrgakx

What is the advantage to running a server?

There's well over 5k servers now, so what's the advantage to paying money to host a server?

Well, the pride in knowing your helping the community.

And a lot of headaches dealing with hackers.

Which is why I started a private hive.

Edited by Woodo

We hosted ours so we know we can jump on hackers and script kids straight away. We can constantly check our own logs and know if anything rotten is going on. On the public hive we would spend hours gathering vehicles and then they would all get teleported and blown up by a script kid. We would try and host events and an invisible person would kill us all. Not anymore. Someone comes onto our server and spawns vehicles...we delete them. Someone spawns weapons.....they get banned and the weapons turned into tin cans.

Plus we can set up our own war!

We have divided our group into Coke vs Pepsi and are having a blast. Coke vs Pepsi Wars DayZLingor - LU1 [REGULAR|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT+1] - Pirate Gaming Server #1 IP Address: 87.106.252.53

Check out my earlier post to see why we host privately http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93235-coke-vs-pepsi-wars-dayzlingor-lu1-regular3dponchongmt1-pirate-gaming-server-1-ip-address-8710625253/

Look forward to seeing you in game. I will give you a free Coke (Im red team)

Everything those guys said, building a community mostly for me, that chance to make a popular and stable place for peeps to play.

More control over hackers.

Freaking the absolute shit out of people by doing my christopher walken impressions over the admin-only global chat.

I'm not sure why, maybe its 'cuz our server is pretty low population most of the time but me and my squad can log into our server in about 10-20 seconds.

Definitely go for it if you've got the spare cash. Or maybe wait and get one for the standalone.

Edited by TheBaby