sibexus

How to extrapolate position from log files

Hello, how does one go about translating positions in log files to coordinates on a map? I need to find out if someone was teleporting. For example if they traveled a particularly long distance in a short amount of time.

Depends on who hosts your server - if you have access to the log files, you'll be looking at the one showing the updates for survivor location.

INFO [main] dayz_####.takistan command E: call proc_updateSurvivor(####, '[###,[XXXX.XX,YYYY.YY,Z.ZZZZZ]]'

That's an example from our log (a Takistan server hosted by Vilayer, ofc) of my character before logging out. I've replaced the coordinates with X, Y and Z identifiers.

For Chernarus, the in-game map shows an inverted and offset Y coordinate, so you'll be subtracting 15350 from the Y coordinate. This will give you a negative number, which will be the correct Y coordinate. Takistan and Lingor seem to translate directly into map coordinates perfectly.

A large difference in either is instantly noticeable without requiring the "conversion", however, so since you're just looking for that (right?) you'll be able to do it easily.