Sign in to follow this  
bfisher

NV goggles do not protect you from nearly cr@pping yourself!

I was pretty excited today. Found a bunch of dead players in the ATC tower at Balota with NV goggles, an M4A1 rifle and a bunch of other goodies. I don't know what went down, but it was over by the time I got there. Finders keepers and all that.

Fast forward to later in the evening. I decide to be all slick and approach Cherno from the NW in the darkness with my new toys. Maybe I'll stock up on some food. Find some chump feeling his way around in the dark and crack him in the head with an ax. Whatever.

All of a sudden I hear the *ZING!!* *ZING!!* *ZING!!* of automatic fire landing around me! I can't see the shooter, even using NV, so I dive to the ground and blast off a couple of rounds in the general direction I think it's coming from. You know, just to let this guy know that I'm playing with more than a hatchet and an old Enfield. But then I quickly realize I'm laying in the grass with no idea where this goon is while he may have seen my muzzle flash! So F this! I serpentine sprint my way the hell out of there!

Fortunately I escaped with just a scratch. I waited until I was good and clear for several minutes before bandaging up and shutting down for the night, just so as not to be a total wuss.

But man that was freakin intense for a videogame! (sorry if I sound like a total pansy, but I'm still pretty new at this).

Edited by bfisher
  • Like 1

I totally understand what you were feeling man hahaha, when you have a lot to risk, it makes everything so much more intense. It gets your heart POUNDING and that is the one reason why I love this game. It is the only gave that I have ever played that gives you a true adrenaline rush! Keep it up man, play it safe, you are never alone in the Dayz world

Cool story. You'll come to find that DayZ has its epic moments like that all the time.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Good times. Those pops and zips of bullets impacts near you are always exciting. I remember one time I saw a guy running along a ridge a good 600m away, and I just starting winging away at him with my trusty Enfield. He couldn't tell where the shots were coming from, and they weren't getting all that close to him, but he was running back and forth on that hill like his shoes were on fire, and I was laughing the whole time.

I've been on the receiving end, too, and it's always terrifying. I always try to get behind a tree or something, but you're always afraid that you guessed the wrong direction and he'll just shoot you from the side, so I'm often peeking out and shuffling back and forth around the trunk, trying to get him to shoot at me so I can zero in on his position either to return fire or o use my cover more effectively, and my heart's in my throat and I'm trying to decide whether to just prone out and hope the grass covers me or run like hell or just stay there hugging the tree. That's usually when I fire up the Direct Communication, too: "Hey, dickhead! You're a bad shot, and a worse person! I hope you break your legs hiding in that sissy bush, you cross-eyed son of a----" and about then I die.

I think it is you that is the goon.

I was pretty excited today. Found a bunch of dead players in the ATC tower at Balota with NV goggles, an M4A1 rifle and a bunch of other goodies. I don't know what went down, but it was over by the time I got there. Finders keepers and all that.

Fast forward to later in the evening. I decide to be all slick and approach Cherno from the NW in the darkness with my new toys. Maybe I'll stock up on some food. Find some chump feeling his way around in the dark and crack him in the head with an ax. Whatever.

All of a sudden I hear the *ZING!!* *ZING!!* *ZING!!* of automatic fire landing around me! I can't see the shooter, even using NV, so I dive to the ground and blast off a couple of rounds in the general direction I think it's coming from. You know, just to let this guy know that I'm playing with more than a hatchet and an old Enfield. But then I quickly realize I'm laying in the grass with no idea where this goon is while he may have seen my muzzle flash! So F this! I serpentine sprint my way the hell out of there!

Fortunately I escaped with just a scratch. I waited until I was good and clear for several minutes before bandaging up and shutting down for the night, just so as not to be a total wuss.

But man that was freakin intense for a videogame! (sorry if I sound like a total pansy, but I'm still pretty new at this).

haha brilliant