Sign in to follow this  
a_typical_noob

Can I run it at an enjoyable level?

It is the best zombie game/mod i have ever played. I think you will be able to run it. Honestly even though I can run on highest I run on low because it cuts down on the amount of grass in your view, so on high it might look pretty but your not gonna see a sniper in ghillie as easily laying a few meters from you as you might on low.

You know, that's an incredibly good point.

• Like 1

It has saved me many times lol.

P.S. I added you as a "friend" on here. So when you get it set-up maybe we can play.

Edited by icetalon

P.S. I added you as a "friend" on here. So when you get it set-up maybe we can play.

I'd like to meet up and help you guys achieve great victory, i even have some gear you two can have :)

• Like 1

I'd like to meet up and help you guys achieve great victory, i even have some gear you two can have :)

I'm actually a "veteran", I play with a load of guys from my clan and we all have some nice stuff. So we could. But no offence woodland but I feel like you would want my "beans" lolz :P

I'm actually a "veteran", I play with a load of guys from my clan and we all have some nice stuff. So we could. But no offence woodland but I feel like you would want my "beans" lolz :P

Nah i'm not like that :L i actually run a clan called Delta, we have like 70 members and there are always like 30 of us playing at one time. We even managed to crash a server because we have 42 people in the same barn, it was mental!

• Like 1

Wow lol. My clans got about 20+ members and some applying people. We have about 5-8 on weekends or whenever we get breaks from school/other things. And I'm not like that either. I could probably count the number of players I have killed on my hands and thats spread out over quite a time and all of them because they tried to kill me or someone in my clan. Like once I admit I killed like 4 people in one day but they were a group and gunned down my friend in a field and I managed to somehow take them all with a DMR. Then I went to a heli crash they had just looted and died...lolz. Karma thy is a cruel bitch. xD

But granted it was to the north of stary...lol

Edited by icetalon
  • Like 1

The problem you'll have with upgrading your gpu is that you will just bottleneck the cpu if you go with a higher end video card and won't get your money's worth out of it. You could go with a fairly cheap one and won't have much of a problem with it. I think you can get a slight upgrade for around 50 bucks (us) if you drop the card in yourself.

I'm running an i7 2600 with a 550ti, and I can run most things on max settings. 550ti is not a bad card.

OP, if you can run ARMAII free on high settings, no problem, then you can run dayz. It doesn't change anything graphically, you just get the HD textures when you get Op:OA, so you may have to dial those down a bit.

Awesome, I'll definitely be hitting you and Ark up once I'm up and running. I've also got at least 2 of my buddies interested in playing as well, so we might have a nice little scavenging group. : )

I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for all the help and encouraging words everyone!

Well I'm currently in game and after playing with my video settings, I'm able to run DayZ on "High" with no issue. Whoopie! Now if I could only find a weapon!

• Like 1

Only last night was i wandering around balota airfield when i came across a bus full of gear, it had 12 ghillie suits in it, 6 AS50s and an M14 AIM. If you had been there you could have had some gear, but i did manage to grab a couple of extra ghillie suits. So if we meet up before i get owned, you can have one :)

Well I'm currently in game and after playing with my video settings, I'm able to run DayZ on "High" with no issue. Whoopie! Now if I could only find a weapon!

Only last night was i wandering around balota airfield when i came across a bus full of gear, it had 12 ghillie suits in it, 6 AS50s and an M14 AIM. If you had been there you could have had some gear, but i did manage to grab a couple of extra ghillie suits. So if we meet up before i get owned, you can have one :)

That would be awesome! I got my first gun last night, an AK-74 with 3 extra mags. I will probably be on pretty much every day, feel free to add me on DayZ Commander if you want. I use the same username in game as I do here.

BTW, does anyone know how abundant the ammo supply for the AK is? Does it spawn pretty much anywhere, or just at military bases/air strips?

He is using a laptop that has an i5 processor running at 2.4 ghz stock with no way to overclock without causing massive rise in thermals. Add the downgraded amount of cache sizes and how horrible his graphics card is into account and reaching to that conclusion isn't hard. You will definitely struggle and switching certain options to high to let the graphics card handle certain calculations won't help you due to having a below entry level graphics card with 1 gig dedicated system memory (which is extremely slow in comparison to VRAMs. You will be able to play the game but don't expect too much.

Way to give someone false hope.

So looks like my BA in Electronics Engineering trumps your opinion...thanks for being a tool... OP glad to see that your enjoying the game have fun! I think you may not get much outta just a Graphics upgrade due to your CPU limitations.

So looks like my BA in Electronics Engineering trumps your opinion...thanks for being a tool... OP glad to see that your enjoying the game have fun! I think you may not get much outta just a Graphics upgrade due to your CPU limitations.

Thanks Leadon! Yeah, I'm not going to try and upgrade this one. I'm happy with the way it's handling DayZ right now, it looks great! I'm setting cash/student loans aside to build a nice rig, so I should be all set by the time the stand alone comes out. Again, thanks for your help man!

• Like 1

My Specs

CPU: i5 3570k overclocked @ 4.00gHz

GPU: GTX 550 Ti

RAM: 8gb

HDD: 3TB

(MY FPS INGAME)

ULTRA: 15 FPS in cities, 20-40 in forests

HIGH: 25-35 FPS in cities, 30-60 in forests

MED: 30-50 FPS in cities, 50+ in forests

LOW: 40+ FPS in cities, 70+ in forests

For your current hardware you could probably average around 20-40 fps on medium settings, and yes it will definitely be enjoyable!

My Specs

CPU: i5 3570k overclocked @ 4.00gHz

GPU: GTX 550 Ti

RAM: 8gb

HDD: 3TB

(MY FPS INGAME)

ULTRA: 15 FPS in cities, 20-40 in forests

HIGH: 25-35 FPS in cities, 30-60 in forests

MED: 30-50 FPS in cities, 50+ in forests

LOW: 40+ FPS in cities, 70+ in forests

For your current hardware you could probably average around 20-40 fps on medium settings, and yes it will definitely be enjoyable!

You might want to change the server(s) you're playing on since I'm getting very similar results on high settings with a non overclocked Q6700 and a GTX 560 Ti. I've seen people who get above 40 in cities with ease on high settings with setups similar to yours.

You might want to change the server(s) you're playing on since I'm getting very similar results on high settings with a non overclocked Q6700 and a GTX 560 Ti. I've seen people who get above 40 in cities with ease on high settings with setups similar to yours.

Yeah its my graphics card man. Gotta upgrate the 550ti is $117 nothing flashy.