Sign in to follow this  
Tabris07

The Double Barreled Shotgun exceeds my expectations.

I've heard talk that the double barreled shotgun isn't that good of a gun, so I usually pass it up whenever I see it.

It was my first day on Lingor yesterday and I was desperate for a weapon since my 1911 was running low on ammo. I spotted the shotgun and decided to take it, as it was better than nothing.

After picking up a ton of shells for it around town and discovering that it one shots every zombie I see, I then proceeded to head West and leave a trail of dead Z's behind me.

The shotgun is a lot more helpful than I expected, and will probably use it in the future if it is the best option at the time. I haven't tried it in PvP yet, so I still have yet to learn if it is any good for defending myself from wild survivors.

For simpler weapons, i prefer the winchester. Much larger "clip" size so reloading is minimal when the situation arises. Plus, the ammo takes up less space since it stacks in 15 rounds.

• Like 5

In my opinion it's waaay too loud and awful for aiming.... I pass

• Like 1

only 2 rounds per slot, its way too low, if it wasn't for that I would use it a lot more.

• Like 2

I only ever expected to confront a survivor with it while indoors, so point blank range is what will likely happen. :)

As a side note, you can turn one M1014 ammo into 8 lots of double barrel slugs, by right clicking on them... So you can save yourself the hassle of carrying lots of individual rounds by just carrying one M1014, taking one slot, and then right clicking when in need of more ammo...

• Like 2

I only ever expected to confront a survivor with it while indoors, so point blank range is what will likely happen. :)

Load pellets indoors each cartridge blasts out 8 pellets and each pellet can do 2000 blood damage if your close enough to make most hit thats a 1 hit kill, unfortunately beyond 40 meters and basically none will hit.

As a side note, you can turn one M1014 ammo into 8 lots of double barrel slugs, by right clicking on them... So you can save yourself the hassle of carrying lots of individual rounds by just carrying one M1014, taking one slot, and then right clicking when in need of more ammo...

This is great info as I remember seeing a bunch of those on the floor in buildings. Thanks. :)

it seems louder then the Enfield and winchester, so i'll pass..

both of the above rifles also stop Zombels in 1 shot. and with much larger magazines to boot.

the good part thou is the shotgun has a chance to drop people into shock, which can mean the difference between winning/lossing a pvp battle.

Edited by Siberian

it seems louder then the Enfield and winchester, so i'll pass..

both of the above rifles also stop Zombels in 1 shot. and with much larger magazines to boot.

I would have grabbed those if they had been available. I was in a house surrounded by zombies, less than a mag left for my 1911, and a double barreled shotgun at my feet.

until you get a winnie or a lee its definetly worth it, for pvp i reccomend pellets, unless you are playing with croshairs its hard to use the ironsights and thus slugs effectively, the pellet scatter is quite effective even at range, i totally fucked some banit up in elktro, was on the hospital roof, broke his legs over by the school with pellets, zombies did the rest :)

plus it is totally badass and makes you feel like jason bourne if you know what im talkin bout'

pellets are awesome ammo for zombies, ive gotten up to 4 simutaneous headshots with one shot before when theyre all clumped up exiting a building...the shotties are just so freakin' loud...if you fire once expect to fire a lot more, lol

I like the loudness of the Double-Barrel. I love hearing newbies whimper as I sneak up on them and fire over their head.

I've run through 3 towns with it so far, and have had to shoot it only a few times. The Enfield aggroes zombies way more than this to me. But maybe I was just lucky.

I've run through 3 towns with it so far, and have had to shoot it only a few times. The Enfield aggroes zombies way more than this to me. But maybe I was just lucky.

Correct, the Enfield alerts more zombies but the Double-Barrel sounds louder to players I believe, it also sounds far more impressive then it actually is. I've had numerous groups of people scatter shouting "WTF was that?" at each other over direct chat when I've snuck up on them and fired, It keeps me amused.

• Like 1

Oh, so it's only louder to other players, I got it. That's nice to know if I ever manage to get the drop on someone. ;)

I've had a double barrel fired at me before. I nearly shit myself.

• Like 1

1. Find Double Barrel

2. Load pellets

3. Sneak up on another player

4. ??????

5. Profit

First time I've ever seen this stupid meme fit a conversation so well.

It's a great thing I traded in my shotgun though. I won a four-way confrontation in Lingor using a FN FAL for the first time. :)

For simpler weapons, i prefer the winchester. Much larger "clip" size so reloading is minimal when the situation arises. Plus, the ammo takes up less space since it stacks in 15 rounds.

Love the winchester too.

Less noise, better sights, better range etc. :D