Sign in to follow this  
caldozza

Started own private server for me and my friends

I created the server in LAN because we all live in the same local area my question is will my friends be able to connect and if so will their stuff be saved.? Please answer I really need to know it would be much appreciated :D

LAN is a Local Area Network, if you're all using the same internet then i guess maybe it'll work? never knew you could just host a DayZ server though.

yeah true I might just make one so everyone can join. It was a hard process that took me while to get the hang of

Sounds boring to start this game in LAN with your friends.

I got a character n a password protected private hive server with like 15 other people. It is'nt that bad, although i do prefer live servers. We've had some funtimes, but it can get boring from time to time. We all play live servers as well. Just a fun distraction i guess.

I got a character n a password protected private hive server with like 15 other people. It is'nt that bad, although i do prefer live servers. We've had some funtimes, but it can get boring from time to time. We all play live servers as well. Just a fun distraction i guess.

so can i make a private server in LAN and people still join or does it have to be a public server just passworded?

so can i make a private server in LAN and people still join or does it have to be a public server just passworded?

Renting a server is pretty cheap. I haven't a clue how to make it a private hive tho... thats just magic beans and flying pandas to me.

No your friends can't join your LAN just because they live nearby, seriously go read what a LAN actually is.

You would need to make an internet server then password it.

This.