Sign in to follow this  
TheNeocore

DayZ - The result after 4 month

Hello everybody here in the Forum!

Well, first time I played DayZ it was so wonderfull, I never had so much fun in a game like here. I played for 3 month on Chernarus, like everyday more then 1 hour. Every day I had unlimited fun, but on one day I saw the first hacker. Since 1 month I completely stopped playing on Chernarus, there is always a hacker in the game, joining a empty server is senseless, there is no fun, Now I play Lingor Island since one month, it was pretty awesome since the beginning. What is going on now? Today I joined in 10min three different servers, on every server played a hacker. Not the game lost the fun, not the players lost the fun, it's just the hacker problem. This whole game is destroyed.

I don't know what you guys think, I'm sorry for my bad english and I am sorry for every mistake I make here.

Is there any possible thing I can do to defend myself from hackers or is there something else, maybe a permanent monitored server?

Regards, Neocore.

PS : DayZ is amazing, especially now, many people stopped to be bandits. The only annoying thing is the trash of russian hackers.

They have ruined the game, or at least made it hard going at times as you don't want to lose your gear for a new spawn just going into god mode or thunderdoming you.

However the mod has allowed Rocket to push forwards with the standalone and once thats out the hacker issue will be alot less ( not gone, just less ) and that should allow much more fun and rewarding play as you will know your death was due to you doing something wrong or another playing getting the drop on you

It's just I only got killed by people with a russian name like Vlad180RUS today.

Join a private hive server. It won't stop them but it will definitely curtail them (and try and play when the admins are on too so they can reload the last d/base save)

It is racist indeed but I do not care. Russians are cheating much more than rest of players population. You know why?

1) They still do not have that much sensible information on the average PC compared to average Western PC. So they do not care about viruses, etc. They would install anything downloaded from the net.

2) They get hacks and stolen CD keys for free through Russian online communities - this is a sort of patriotic act for them...

So I suggested few days ago to server admins - lets make most of the servers in EU and US inaccessible from Russia by limiting the ping to 50-60 max. This will cut 80% of the Russians and will remove 70% of the hackers in general. Hackers from Russia can change CD key and IP - but... the ping they have - well they can't LOL

• Like 1

It is racist indeed but I do not care. Russians are cheating much more than rest of players population. You know why?

1) They still do not have that much sensible information on the average PC compared to average Western PC. So they do not care about viruses, etc. They would install anything downloaded from the net.

2) They get hacks and stolen CD keys for free through Russian online communities - this is a sort of patriotic act for them...

So I suggested few days ago to server admins - lets make most of the servers in EU and US inaccessible from Russia by limiting the ping to 50-60 max. This will cut 80% of the Russians and will remove 70% of the hackers in general. Hackers from Russia can change CD key and IP - but... the ping they have - well they can't LOL

But the ping is too low. I am from Germany and I do not have my internet via cable, it's called LTE and my ping is always between 70-80 on German servers.

I agree. The most hackers in my 5000 + list more the 4000 are russia bans. So i agree. But its not poseble to ban hole Russia. But i hoop Dayz is making this game hack free. Greets Mike

How to get rid of the hackers?

Get them VAC banned from Steam, unable to play ArmA 2 from their Steam accounts ever again. They'll have to buy the game again to another account if they want to play it

Though ArmA 2 isn't a Steam only game, you can play it through capsule and all those craps, but you'd better make the standalone Steam only.

Edited by Guest

How to get rid of the hackers?

Get them VAC banned from Steam, unable to play ArmA 2 from their Steam accounts ever again. They'll have to buy the game again to another account if they want to play it

Though ArmA 2 isn't a Steam only game, you can play it through capsule and all those craps, but you'd better make the standalone Steam only.

Best comment! Please DayZ team, make the standalone Steam only and get the rights to lock the ARMA in Steam of hackers.

How awesome, today I found a friendly player on Lingor Island called Patu. I supported him repairing a bus and together we went to the prison. I really did'nt expected any kind of friendly person in DayZ any more, but they are still alive! :D

Locking the game to steam? Does this mean I'd have to run steam just to play? I don't really like the sounds of that even as a legit player. I hate hackers too but is that the only way to tackle this problem?

Just quit like the rest of us did, wait for this p.o.s. to be fixed and a decent anti cheat system brought in. Until then you can pre-order WarZ and wait for the beta which should be coming soon

Standalone. Until then, private hives. Don't assume every Russian player is a hacker. /thread