Sign in to follow this  
jaimbo

Can we edit PBO files

I was wondering if we are allowed to edit the dayz_code.pbo with some fixes on the bug tracker? Some of them contain fixes so I imagine we are allowed to use them?

Editing the files and using them clientside will just get you kicked when you try to join a server because the checksum will fail. Editing them and using them on a hosted server won't.

Yes and no.

You can get pbo tools to extract files (I have already peeked at the dayz source, a lot of really cool stuff) but if you attempt to join a server with modded files you will get banned

To do any edits you need to keep to the following rules.

1) only use the private dayz server (currently "bliss")

2) everyone who plays together needs *exactly* the same modded files.

3) your server config needs the following lines edited. Replace whatever the current entry is with the one below.

onUnsignedData = "";

onHackedData = "";

onDifferentData = "";

BattlEye = 0;

Remember to turn those back on when you want to go back to normal and also restore your old mod files if you go back to joining normal servers.

Edited by disorder

if you do manage it you will be instabanned globaly, so dont.

It's not hard to edit the files and you don't get instabanned, like zxcvbn_ said you get kicked because the checksum fails, its strange though because a few of the bug reports actually have fixes for the bugs such as non functioning icons with debug monitor on and also better working temp icon.

My next question is about server side pbo's, can we edit our servers pbo's to fix the fuel reset to 0 on restart?