Sign in to follow this  
DANNY (ZOMBES THE HERO)

DayZ suggestion #4 - Gun aging and Gun Jams

-Note- This idea is influenced from Far Cry 2

As i see it, the game plays in real time. Which would allow for some really nice things to be messed around with in terms of "time". Every second in the game is a second in the world.So how about using this feature to its full potential? How about guns having certain number of real world Days or real time Dayz play time days until they need to be fix/repaired or else risk accidental jamming or non-usage such as breaking. In Far Cry 2 your gun will go into disrepair in a couple hours of usage. But DayZ plays in real time. Make it so that it dosent happen often, maybe its takes 10 days, or 20 or maybe even a month or two before it actually is no longer usable. That way you still can get what you need out of the weapon youve worked so hard to find, but that their is eventually a time that comes when you need to manage it. Another thing you could take into account is that with this feature, the elements can come into play. Simple things such as being in the rain long enough SPEEDS UP the amount of time it takes for the gun to go into disrepair. Or if Rocket decides to add a melee function such as with the butt of a gun. The more damage the gun takes from melee strikes, the faster the process is for it to break or malfunction.

Let me know if you like this idea, and feel free to give me your beans if you do.

I got more DayZ suggestions posted, and more coming. Let me know what you think. Thanks

A lot of these suggestions have already been made and commented on my Rocket, maybe read through the Reddit Q&A and the Questions for Rocket threads first.

Edited by smasht_AU

Also, take a look here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38476-the-one-line-questions-for-rocket-thread/

Rocket answered many questions last night with regards to the standalone and what we can expect. Gun jamming and customisation is discussed there and will be implemented.

Why didnt you list these all to a same topic?

And you didnt try search?