Kaffarov37

Wipe tents, not player hive.

Wipe tents, player hive or booth.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Wipe tents only
    • Wipe booth player, and tent hive

Hi,

There has been alote of talk about wiping the player hive. This is so everyone will get a "Fresh start". I personally don't want to loose all my hard earned gear and start from scratch. So instead maybe we could destroy the tents. This would be fair because when the player finally died he wouldn't have a armory to rearm at. Even if you did wipe the player/tent hive I can see hackers just LOL'ing while they spawn ammo crates, get AS50TWS and start shooting the unarmed Bambie's.

Just an idea so be respectful when replying. :)

Very true, people also need to remember that if they wipe everything, it will put a lot of people off playing... It will make them think "WHy bother finding stuff again? they might wipe it all over again."

• Like 2

I agree, even dupers deserve to keep whatever they can carry on them when the day of reckoning comes.

Problem is, if they are just duping, they will take the AS50s and L85s out of their backpacks and start the dupage again. Don't wipe anything until that exploit is removed.

Problem is, if they are just duping, they will take the AS50s and L85s out of their backpacks and start the dupage again. Don't wipe anything until that exploit is removed.

I think they fixed the unlimited food/water exploit. So they should fix this soon too.

The thing is with this whole is people will move to a private hive system eventually because the thing with our servers we are able to manage all the tents and gear and as such on a case by case making sure no one is duping which makes our servers much more stable to the hive server which have not even slightly enough power not to mention time to be able to make sure everything is clean...

I think they fixed the unlimited food/water exploit. So they should fix this soon too.

They didn't fix unlimited food/water. They fixed ammo capacity, but now you can just do it again but with clothing sets...

The thing is with this whole is people will move to a private hive system eventually because the thing with our servers we are able to manage all the tents and gear and as such on a case by case making sure no one is duping which makes our servers much more stable to the hive server which have not even slightly enough power not to mention time to be able to make sure everything is clean...

Basically a private hive system works is that only 1 server has all your stuff, right? Lets say that server has a crash, and is down. Basically I now cannot play DayZ anymore.

Basically a private hive system works is that only 1 server has all your stuff, right? Lets say that server has a crash, and is down. Basically I now cannot play DayZ anymore.

No do you understand what a crash is? It does not actually wipe the memory or the data base. All we would have to do is load our last save which maybe in the worse case you would lose a few hours but considering the server we use that is VERY unlikly in happening...

Wrong. I can dup all my gear as much as I want and get full tents back up again.

Edited by Thadeum

No do you understand what a crash is? It does not actually wipe the memory or the data base. All we would have to do is load our last save which maybe in the worse case you would lose a few hours but considering the server we use that is VERY unlikly in happening...

Like the server shutdown, or whatever. I think i just used the wrong word their.

Well the same thing could happen to the hive? Just dont play on silly litte 12 year old hives play on ones like ours that are run by big multi game clans such as snow hawk and us

Well the same thing could happen to the hive? Just dont play on silly litte 12 year old hives play on ones like ours that are run by big multi game clans such as snow hawk and us

Are there many hackers?

They didn't fix unlimited food/water. They fixed ammo capacity, but now you can just do it again but with clothing sets...

Thanks for telling me, and the whole DayZ community how to use exploits! If I had a gold medal, I would give it to you!

Very true, people also need to remember that if they wipe everything, it will put a lot of people off playing... It will make them think "WHy bother finding stuff again? they might wipe it all over again."

Who gives a crap. The game is ruined. In 5 minutes on any 20 player server I can get an AS50 TWS, M4A1 CCO SD and every tool off of a player on sniper hill. That is not fun, and none of them earned their gear.

The game will continue to be this crappy sniper fest until everything is wiped and the little kids are forced to find their gear again. It's not hard, yesterday, my clan invested in a private hive, within 2 hours I had a DMR and FN FAL legit obviously.

By the way, you'll need to start again when the standalone comes out very soon.

• Like 1

this poll is bias... where's the "don't wipe anything" option?

cry about it all you want but i bet you've found duped tents that you've visited more than once.

i know/knew of a server that had a broken tent filled with full heli repair parts right next to a spawned heli in the .5 patch. it was like christmas, unlimited heli fun.

but all my gear was legitimately found in other peoples tents. so i think i've earned the right to keep it until it's legitimately taken away by other players.

not because a bunch of 12 year olds cried to the devs because "everyone else has better stuff than me"

It really won't make a difference. People want a hive wipe to clear out the scripted/hacked guns that are stored and used.

Seeing as the hackers/scripters have updated their software to bypass the updated BE, there is no point at all, as they will just spawn in the same loot and it will become widespread again throughout the hive.

Without eliminating the hacker issue, wiping the hive resolves nothing. The only solution is to wait for stand alone.

• Like 1

Coming across as a bit rude. :/ I don't think this is bias. I wish that the hive wouldn't be deleted, but I think sooner or later this community will want this to happen.

it is bias, your options are

1. delete everything

2. delete everything that can not be carried on your person

where is the don't delete anything option?

you're stopping my voice from being heard by not including an option for those that are happy with the way the game currently is... because you want something to change. bias

Wipe the tents. I don't have a tent, so I don't care if they're wiped. I'm not attached to my gear, but losing it to a hive wipe would be complete horseshit.

Hackers? What are you going to do? There's some for every game. I don't care if I die to them.

Bugs? Unintentional. It's nobody's fault, just my bad luck. Oh well.

Players? While someone killed me on their own decision, this means I messed up somewhere. Something I did could have saved my life. Something I didn't do. My fault. Oops.

Losing all of my gear and progress to a hive wipe would be unacceptable. Not only would someone wipe it voluntarily, there would be nothing I can do about it. And you know what? They don't even care.

But what about hackers??? It's the same situation!

No. Hackers are immature bitches. A hive wipe would be the result of the makers of the goddamn game.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1