Get rid of the annoying timer tha lasts forever when you get in game. It's random and annoying. I simply try to get off a laggy server and go into a none laggy server and then i might get the timer that lasts for 3-5 minutes

Its the PVP damage penalty.

Quit disconnecting to avoid death, and it won't be a problem.

I don't agree with getting rid of it, but one time I was killed by a player and so when I got the "You are dead" screen I disconnected and switched server. I then spawned on the beach with a 5 minute timer and at the end of this timer I was dead, either from a bug or something killing me (I left to make a drink while the timer was ticking away).

I'm just not sure it's working properly.

If thats true, it will prolly be patched.

I don't agree with getting rid of it' date=' but one time I was killed by a player and so when I got the "You are dead" screen I disconnected and switched server. I then spawned on the beach with a 5 minute timer and at the end of this timer I was dead, either from a bug or something killing me (I left to make a drink while the timer was ticking away).

I'm just not sure it's working properly.

[/quote']

this has got me twice: both times were on fresh spawns back in 1.5.x: I had never fired my gun, aggroed a zed or been shot at in either life: I just needed to find a server with >5fps

the other day (1.6.1) it started buggering a friend who was DCing and re-Cing lots because the server was giving him 5fps on his brand new spawn but was fine for everyone else

after half an hour of bullshit the timer finished only to leave him unable to stand - he was clearly having some kind of seizure down on the forest floor so I shot him in the head and solved the fps and timer glitches

well it's retarded especially considering I had just died and respawned so it's VERY faulty. Also when the timer was done i was glitched so logged out and got back in and had to AGAIN wait for the timer but this time i could move and the server became VERY laggy so i was like okay??? and I reconnected and AGAIN have the timer.

The worst feature ever created. Maybe if it actually worked at the right time it wouldn't be bad.

Edit: Okay so apparently this is ongoing before a server is about to crash and such but still crappy

God damned alpha builds and their buggy code...

well it's retarded especially considering I had just died and respawned so it's VERY faulty. Also when the timer was done i was glitched so logged out and got back in and had to AGAIN wait for the timer but this time i could move and the server became VERY laggy so i was like okay??? and I reconnected and AGAIN have the timer.

The worst feature ever created. Maybe if it actually worked at the right time it wouldn't be bad.

Edit: Okay so apparently this is ongoing before a server is about to crash and such but still crappy

I understand and agree with the timer as a punishment, however, there are a few problems with it.

My friend who plays with me all the time keeps getting the timer. He could play for over an hour d/c and reconnect with zero pvp action including hurting himself and he gets the 3min timer.

Its very frustrating to him. I'll get him to post something here about his experiences with it as well.

I got this stupid penalty for spawning under the stairs. I hadn't even been shot at in that life, and neither have I shot.

to be honest

I would support a 3 min timer everytime somebody logs in. sure, its boring. but itd sure stop server hoppers logging in/out of barracks! and people relogging behind others etc.

sadly, everyone would be punished due to the minority of exploiting assholes, but hell, Id deal with that happily every day knowing its screwing them over.

I only log where im safe. so for me, and all the other honest players, its fine. if by chance your pc dies or w/e.. then well, bad luck.

gotta take a tough line with these people

to be honest

I would support a 3 min timer everytime somebody logs in. sure' date=' its boring. but itd sure stop server hoppers logging in/out of barracks! and people relogging behind others etc.

sadly, everyone would be punished due to the minority of exploiting assholes, but hell, Id deal with that happily every day knowing its screwing them over.

[/quote']

That's actually a brilliant idea and one I haven't read on these forums before.

yeah i had it happen once before and it wasnt because of pvp at all, I'm not sure but i think its a bit buggy, i had to respawn between hour glass resets to fix it, i thought it was due to being in shock but if rocket says its a DC punishment i think its a bit dodgy.

I think it's a bit dodgy as well. I have no shock icon, I haven't had any action in a long time, and it can still pop up seemingly randomly when logging in.

What does the timer look like? MY friend keeps spawning and as soon he spawns he gets a timer like he passed out (when getting hit by a zombie or shot by a player). He waits it out and as soon as it ends hes either stuck or gets it again. If he dies he gets it again....

Though i dont know if thats the penalty timer or not.

I got this timer after getting kicked off of a server due to battle eye update failure.

Ever since, i've gotten this 5 minute timer whenever logging in. Maybe the server thinks i'm in shock or something?

Can we fix this bug please? Anyone know any fixes?