Sign in to follow this  
edg66

this game is revolutionary - however, a suggestion (maybe temp fix for arma2 alpha mod as opposed to standalone)

This is a revolutionary mod. No first person shooter can emulate the mixture of tactical shooter, horror survival, free roam, AND mmoFpsRpg that this game, on the arma2 engine, has. Hense, the million plus revolutionaries who are fed up of 'floating arms & tiny arenas...' and can't play the commercial bog after this gem, perhaps, and return even after loosing their progress to cheaters.

~

A suggestion, as there is one major flaw, besides bugs. The schism between those who wish to play with abandon in Lingor, and Takistan, legitimately, where loot is common - and those in the tough, spread out survival servers of Official, may be caused by the commonality of Hackers, and death via Hacks...

~

As has been said, this cannot be easily defeated due to security flaws in the default design of arma2, right..?

My suggestion is to have Two upon-death methods of running Hive Servers.

1 - Servers called 'Survival' or 'friendlies' where, even if killed (via accident, HAXes, or legitimate player-killing), you respawn with that which you were carrying immediantly upon death. The player corpses on this server could perhaps be devoid of a '''Gear''' option, and emit none of the fly buzzing sound, for example.

These could be the 'survival coop' servers, where killing someone would be only benefit to send them to the coast on a respawn, to either mess with their day, or perhaps to keep them from an area or some loot, for example, and people would cooperate perhaps on the removal of 'player looting' - to gather loot, and to ready for pvp, or practice pvp. Perhaps loot spawns could be lessened moderately there...

&

2 - ..Hardcore - the current system, where your loot is dropped, and you start with nil, and players can steal your gunz and healthiez.... This would benefit those who wished to kill 4 the loot, and also would serve as a badge of honor, as the usual bugs of losing your gear to Hacks and bugs (such as buildings and objects breaking your legs), and all the regular day-z schenigans could be present. DayZ could perhaps have moderate increases in loot spawns and ammo spawns, in order to entice people in the danger-zone.

The two could share a progress hive, so if you loose your gear in 'hardcore' you'll have none when return to 'friendly servers' - yet friendly servers could fairly be used to gear up for pvp missions (as loot would be potentially lessened in "respawn with gear" servers)...

Perhaps one could avoid the bug of 'server hopping' to get about also, via only saving your location per server-type... so one location for my hypothetical "survival" server concept and another respawn on the 'hardcore servers' - or possibly, keep the login location a per-server deal.

I personally would love to see my children playing evolutions of this game. However, I currently only play with the realisation i'm probably highly likely to loose my progress and gear to another hack, rather than in-game element.

Edited by edg66
  • Like 1

The first option completly destroys what the game is all about and how the game became this famous

You and your noob horde, that claims for the same shit(die without losing nothin), plz go away..there are many shit games out there.

• Like 1

You can already stash more than 20 deaths worth of top-tier gear in this game and now you want to remove any gear being lost at all?

No offense, but the day someone discovered a way to cheat permadeath is the day this game got ridiculous.

I'm going to go ahead and avoid pointing out what has already been pointed out.

These friendly servers would still have hackers and guess what the hackers would do? Wipe your inventory. There you go. Nothing solved.

how do you stash anything of worth in this game? the server either wipes the vehicles or the tents. I've yet to discover a server I can rely on to stash anything of any value. Everything is on my Player Character, and i got no 'regular' server.

Cept i've noticed the majority of the clans i know have gone to Lingor. Nobody can be fucked getting hack wiped when you've been playing honestly.

Yet, as I presumed would probably be the case, most people would be hard arsed and even 'insulted' at the ideal. even presented with a choice of either a) bambi loot and train servers, And B) hard arse loot on death servers - there would be 'a stench of indignation' from the fanbois.

However, this and such similiar workabouts may be an ideal, yet it's one only to remediate the broken Arma2 DayZ (and arma2 generally) - for a 'broken community' to continue to operate until the more Secure and Intergral DayZ standalone exists, besides just in higher-loot maps such as Lingor, or low-population periods.

There was a golden period in this game - yet the same thing that brought it glory, the perma-death, is causing alot of experienced players and newbies both to depart, as they're so likely to loose gear to hackers rather than players or z's...

Edited by edg66

you lost me at mmofpsrpg...

Also, the first idea would PROMOTE KoS for those who are oft weighting their options as to whether or not they should take the shot.

I don't like killing because I don't like dying and losing my stuff. Knowing that my bullet is basically a quick transport to the coast would let me just press the trigger.

I'm as big a carebear as they come. I only killed without provocation once. I'd be the most trigger-happy fellow in "friendly" servers.

regarding higher KoS of clients on 'bambi' respawn - there it wouldn't matter.

you'd play, either solo, looting (on a lower loot rate than hardcore) and it'd be a matter of bullets available, whether you fired on other players or not. You'd be pvp-practicing with other people, effectively, or slaying Z's or mucking about repairing and driving vehicles, and basically Practicing.

A team could still own the NE airport for example, and shoot and send the other players on the server for hours to the coast; without anybody loosing their progress.

Those same players could then log into Hardcore and risk all their shis...

It'd lower the bambi server to a higher level of fire-fighting, much greater level of pvp practice... so sure there'd be More KOS yet it'd matter less. It'd be only as you say, a detour to the coast.

And the hardcore-default would be as hardcore and careful as ever, and be THE place to take a shitty common gun, and own a better player and steal their rarer weaponary.

p.s regarding hackers doing inventory wipes, on bambi servers hypothetically, well it'd be devastating, yet not half as at present imo.

you lost me at mmofpsrpg...

Also, the first idea would PROMOTE KoS for those who are oft weighting their options as to whether or not they should take the shot.

I don't like killing because I don't like dying and losing my stuff. Knowing that my bullet is basically a quick transport to the coast would let me just press the trigger.

I'm as big a carebear as they come. I only killed without provocation once. I'd be the most trigger-happy fellow in "friendly" servers.

Firstly tho, as i've been doing my research, even the developer of day-z has termed the game a 'Massively multiplayer zombie survival rpg' which is obviously based in a fps engine.

Secondly - well, that's the bloody point. In the hypothetically 'friendly' servers, of course, you would be able to PVP with abandon, as the most annoyance a death would give you would be to have to be picked up or travel far to meet your friends. Otherwise, it would essentially be still 'friendly' as it is a safe place to practice, yet you would be free to swap guns or come to agreements with people. There'd just be no 'finality' to your decisions in that sort of server...

The issue isn't kill on sight. I still shoot people, even if the F%CKS sometimes even have godmode. It's just, Being Given the Choice of two-server-loot-types (or even two hives?) would just weight up the options to people = Perma-death, and the chance to find a new gun on anothers corpse? Or no-player-looting, and being free to practice pvp without any setback?

Edited by edg66

The only way to not lose all your shit should be DON'T GET KILLED,

Everybody knows getting hacked and being unable to do anything about it sucks balls,

so do what I started doing - If you get hacked, pretend your character just suffered a stroke/cardiac arrest/spontaneous combustion and died.

The promise of a Hack Free standalone has everyone getting impatient, like it's always 2 days until Xmas >:(

I'm now hoping spontaneous combustion will be a feature, the animations will be badass.

• Like 1

I totally do not understand the sense of your first suggestion at all. People will just camp the coast and kill people who are spawning at the coast..who have good gear and will be trying to kill the campers at the coast. It will be like a monotonous Normandy invasion...that never ends. With a static front. And then a moderate increase in loot in the second suggestion ? I thought you said hardcore. I must consult the beans before i am forced to slap you with bacon.

• Like 1

I totally do not understand the sense of your first suggestion at all. People will just camp the coast and kill people who are spawning at the coast..who have good gear and will be trying to kill the campers at the coast. It will be like a monotonous Normandy invasion...that never ends. With a static front. And then a moderate increase in loot in the second suggestion ? I thought you said hardcore. I must consult the beans before i am forced to slap you with bacon.

Do not waste the bacon! http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/world-bacon-shortage-unavoidable-223157784.html