aaronivo@gmail.com

Plane crash sites?

Military Plane Crash Sites

​I am aware that this has been suggested before but I want to have some more intelligent views on this suggestion.

For this I want, the people who are adding comments about this suggestion and people who are adding comment to someone else post ,to think about what it is they are saying. Not to just put out what they think without thinking.

Please layout you replies is a orderly fashion like what you are seeing now.

How will this work.

I have been talking to my friends about what we could suggest that would improve the game. We talked about plane crash sites and how they could improve the game, how it would work, etc.

The idea was that because helicopter crash sites were in the middle of the map, there should be plane crash sites on the out skirts of the map. Plane crash sites would be rare and hard to find. They would have the same type of loot a helicopter crash site would but there would be more loot overall. This would be good for parties who play in larger groups because there would be more weapons for that party.

Break down.

• Plane crash sites would have same loot as a heli crash sites but in bigger quantities. This would be good four large parties/clans.
  • Plane crash sites would be on the outskirts of the map
  • Plane crash sites would be rarest and hardest to to fined.

How would this improve the game.

This would help people who play in large parties and encourage more people to head into the out skirts. Also it would add another spark to the game and give people who have already done all the things to do in the game another challenge. Gives rocket something to do in his spare time >:(.

Break down

• People in larger parties can look for plane crash sites and get more loot suited for a larger party.
  • Adds a new thing to the game that could get dayz veterans back into dayz.
  • Adds another challenge or people who have done most things in the game already.

How could this hurt the game.

This is what i was hoping the dayz community to help me with because there is not much I can see that would affect the game. I guess that it could turn out to be a useless addition that no one ever uses. There are also glitches that could come with the this suggestion if its added.

Break'it down

• Could be a usless addon no one uses
  • Could create glitches

Please leave replies and tell me your opinion and leave suggestions to my suggestions and hopefully this will be added to the game. Also if there are spelling errors or some words spelled spɹɐʍʞɔɐq, that's because i have dyslexia. Please don't take offence and then troll.

PS. if this is TL;DR then please don't reply.

• Like 5

More 'events' like the Helicopter Crash could be nice. But I would like to things more subtle and immersing. For exapmle, in this mod for Arma called Chernarus Apocalypse in the first part you find this car rammed against a tree with a dead woman in it and a dead cow lying on the road. I really felt like that would be something that would happen in an Apocalypse and it really drew me into the world somehow.

I'm not particularly keen on more 'epic' loot sites in the game. There is already a overflow of high grade weaponry and equipment in the game. As for making the make easier for large parties, it's not the point of the game to be easy and especially not for larger groups. In a Post-Apocalyptic World such as we have there is supposed to be a shortage on supplies and everyone should struggle for their survival. Groups should bring with them the problem of supplying themselfes with enough weaponry(or rather ammunition) and food supplies for everyone to create tension within the group. The Post-Apocalyptic scenario is always about the drama between the people, not about the zombies or whatever else brought down human civilization.

• Like 6

More 'events' like the Helicopter Crash could be nice. But I would like to things more subtle and immersing. For exapmle, in this mod for Arma called Chernarus Apocalypse in the first part you find this car rammed against a tree with a dead woman in it and a dead cow lying on the road. I really felt like that would be something that would happen in an Apocalypse and it really drew me into the world somehow.

I'm not particularly keen on more 'epic' loot sites in the game. There is already a overflow of high grade weaponry and equipment in the game. As for making the make easier for large parties, it's not the point of the game to be easy and especially not for larger groups. In a Post-Apocalyptic World such as we have there is supposed to be a shortage on supplies and everyone should struggle for their survival. Groups should bring with them the problem of supplying themselfes with enough weaponry(or rather ammunition) and food supplies for everyone to create tension within the group. The Post-Apocalyptic scenario is always about the drama between the people, not about the zombies or whatever else brought down human civilization.

I agree with there being to much weaponry in the game but because of the rate people are getting killed now I don't see any good reason to lower it. As for adding a little stories to the game, I agree with that. I wouldn't mind finding a little revolver on the side of the road. Nothing better then looting a old ladies corpse

• Like 1

There's a C130 wreck in the game (You can find it in the Arma 2 mission editor) that I'm surprised wasn't included in the mod. Not sure i'd use it as an epic weapons loot spawn, but maybe an epic tin food loot spawn, like it was on a supply run for a refugee camp somewhere.

As for events to draw you into the game... Bethesda does this well with their fallout games. Little scenes that tell a story of a brief moment in time, like searching a house and finding a skeleton in a bathtub with a toaster or a hastily constructed barricade with dead Zs on one side and dead civillians with empty weapons on the other... Things like this that give the impression that the people tried to fight the hordes but were over run, as opposed to everyone woke up as a zombie one day and just went along with it...

There have been a lot of suggestions on how to make the game better, most involving loot and hacking. Personally I'd like more focus put into the world and how you can interact with it, as well as how easily it can chew you up and spit you out...

• Like 10

How about making this not a random occurance like crash sites, but a known location... may be to spice up the locations which are at the moment are not really visited.

have played this game since May. and I know that there are a routs that every player takes to get to the good gear or cars. for me its usually Kamenka - Cherno - Bor - Zeleno - Vybor - NW Airfield - Stary Sobor - Novy Sobor - Gorka - Back to coast - Electro.... etc. and I dont need to go anywhere else. there are very little else to see... so may be this could introduce a High-Value location, somewhere in Centre of the map, in places like "Shahovka", "Mista", "Dolina"

I would not like military aircraft - Knowing what kind of work goes into them (Jet Aircraft) would be easily a month to a year before you can fly it. (Depending on the damage to the aircraft.)

That is with power, the right tools/Chemicals, and man power. Easily a team of 100+

Simple Propeller planes would be nice getting from point A to B - So things like the Cessna Sky hawk or Douglas Sky Raider would be cool to see!

Edited by HeadClot
  • Like 1

I think what he means is already existing crash site. there is a model for it in the editor

It would be better if any flying vehicle crashed and you saw it happen at random times through the server hosting time. Maybe 1 hour into the game, 4 hours another etc.

• Like 1

How about making this not a random occurance like crash sites, but a known location... may be to spice up the locations which are at the moment are not really visited.

have played this game since May. and I know that there are a routs that every player takes to get to the good gear or cars. for me its usually Kamenka - Cherno - Bor - Zeleno - Vybor - NW Airfield - Stary Sobor - Novy Sobor - Gorka - Back to coast - Electro.... etc. and I dont need to go anywhere else. there are very little else to see... so may be this could introduce a High-Value location, somewhere in Centre of the map, in places like "Shahovka", "Mista", "Dolina"

I agree with this, focus on higher loot in more inaccessible places. If i were in a zombie apocolypse i would tend to move more to the inland, as a pose to the coast. So with that in mind, a whole bunch of refugees fled inland, along with military personel to create a protected perimeter, and as it is inland, it will be harder to get to (especially if everyone is spawning on the coast) and there will be plenty of cover for players to get into these places, so the fear of being sniped by KoS's decreases.

• Like 2

dude, stop being ignorant, he is diligently working in the standalone, also he is trying to free his friends who have been falsely acused of espionage in greece. Stop being a dick to him, it really hurts to have a good friend in deep trouble because of stupidity.

Now, to your idea, interesting, but maybe the probability of finding spare non destroyed parts of the plane, could be a good incentive. In one of his interviews, he stated that spare parts will be able to be taken from wrecks, and used for almost anything.

What if you're not in a party, but still find the plain crach... can you still loot it? :rolleyes:

There's a C130 wreck in the game (You can find it in the Arma 2 mission editor) that I'm surprised wasn't included in the mod. Not sure i'd use it as an epic weapons loot spawn, but maybe an epic tin food loot spawn, like it was on a supply run for a refugee camp somewhere.

As for events to draw you into the game... Bethesda does this well with their fallout games. Little scenes that tell a story of a brief moment in time, like searching a house and finding a skeleton in a bathtub with a toaster or a hastily constructed barricade with dead Zs on one side and dead civillians with empty weapons on the other... Things like this that give the impression that the people tried to fight the hordes but were over run, as opposed to everyone woke up as a zombie one day and just went along with it...

There have been a lot of suggestions on how to make the game better, most involving loot and hacking. Personally I'd like more focus put into the world and how you can interact with it, as well as how easily it can chew you up and spit you out...

All of the bold. Atmosphere over loot.

I have read through all your comment and i will reply to them all with small quotes

if it was the work this way there would be people camping that place all the time. The airfield are a good example of this, especially now that they have fix the graphical artifact.

I would not like military aircraft - Knowing what kind of work goes into them (Jet Aircraft) would be easily a month to a year before you can fly it. (Depending on the damage to the aircraft.)

That is with power, the right tools/Chemicals, and man power. Easily a team of 100+

Simple Propeller planes would be nice getting from point A to B - So things like the CessnaSky hawk or Douglas Sky Raider would be cool to see!

The idea was that the plane had crashed already. It doesn't have to be a military aircraft. It could be anything but it has to have something special inside it to make it a good find. If it was to have medical supplies or food then it would have to be somewhere in the middle of the map because people don't go looking on the out skirts for food.

It would be better if any flying vehicle crashed and you saw it happen at random times through the server hosting time. Maybe 1 hour into the game, 4 hours another etc.

This would require more effort and rocket would have to add the C130 into the game witch scripters could spawn in. In the stand alone it might add things like this but comon... this is arma II were talking about.

I agree with this, focus on higher loot in more inaccessible places. If i were in a zombie apocolypse i would tend to move more to the inland, as a pose to the coast. So with that in mind, a whole bunch of refugees fled inland, along with military personel to create a protected perimeter, and as it is inland, it will be harder to get to (especially if everyone is spawning on the coast) and there will be plenty of cover for players to get into these places, so the fear of being sniped by KoS's decreases.

But since it is in a fixed location all the sniper will camp it because they know were it is.

dude, stop being ignorant, he is diligently working in the standalone, also he is trying to free his friends who have been falsely acused of espionage in greece. Stop being a dick to him, it really hurts to have a good friend in deep trouble because of stupidity.

Now, to your idea, interesting, but maybe the probability of finding spare non destroyed parts of the plane, could be a good incentive. In one of his interviews, he stated that spare parts will be able to be taken from wrecks, and used for almost anything.

I don't know if that top part of the quote was directed at me but i made this topic before i saw it. as for the rest of the, you said it.

What about boat crash sites? :o

That could be another suggestion, you should make it.

What if you're not in a party, but still find the plain crach... can you still loot it? :rolleyes:

of course you would but you would probably be wasting your time since it would be easier to find a helicopter crash site then a plane crash site.

Edited by Boodgie

Only way i see it being feasible.

1. dev team has alot of spare time and decide to implement this

2. 1 plane crash per server. maybe a 50% chance of it being military/civilian

It would also have to rash in an open area, airfields, plains, beaches.

Maybe it would give off a fire that could warm you up a bit.

would give off a TON of smoke to signal where it is.

a ridiculous amount of zombies near it.

a ridiculous amount of loot and maybe a chance to find some uber rare weapon thats only in military plane crashes

just some ideas

Only way i see it being feasible.

1. dev team has alot of spare time and decide to implement this

2. 1 plane crash per server. maybe a 50% chance of it being military/civilian

It would also have to rash in an open area, airfields, plains, beaches.

Maybe it would give off a fire that could warm you up a bit.

would give off a TON of smoke to signal where it is.

a ridiculous amount of zombies near it.

a ridiculous amount of loot and maybe a chance to find some uber rare weapon thats only in military plane crashes

just some ideas

If it had smoke to tell you were it was then it wouldn't be hard to find. Helicopter crash site don't have smoke over them.

Edited by Boodgie

Helicopter sites actually do have smoke... just saying :)

And yes if it was fixed location then the snipers would camp it... but that would:

1. Leave less campers for airfields and mil. camps... so effectively you would reduce the number of campers at each prime location making it easyer to loot.

2. Create the risk and hence justification for having high end loot there... cos lets face it Zeds are not much of a threat if you had played this game for a month. You just crawl past themor if you have AKM just shoot the as they run towards you. - but if thrre were snipers then... well it would make fight even.