#Sleepy

ALT+F4 and Abort FIX

I've Played Minecraft pvp servers for a bit and i think the concept they use to prevent alt+f4 and disconnecting is that they have them Combat tagged for a certain amount of time until one f the combatants dies. Now theres two ways they do this they either spawn an Npc that stands still for a short amount of time (5-10 mins) or they kill the person outright and the other combatant can get their stuff.

I think that this could be applied to dayz Servers quite easily. tell me if im wrong :)

How would it work if there are several people in the firefight, who is fighting with who?

How does it register that combat has started?

Just saying rage, you don't have to write EVERYTHING in bold red writing.

wut :huh:

If the player is bleeding before they log out they should still bleed during the time there are gone.

For example Player Alpha is shot my Player Hotel's Makarov.

Player Alpha is bleeding but Alt-f4s

When Player Alpha logs back in later he realizes that his character has died while he was away due to blood loss.

Right now you only bleed while in the game. This would help fight combat DCers but wouldn't be the only solution

• Like 1

I dont know how coding works.

Can you not just have a disconnect timer like in wow.

30 seconds regardless of connection status.

EG. Client looses connection, server sees lost connection and begins a 30second logout timer before the character is logged out? Dayz commander should have a sign up system where you sign up for a char name. That way you wont get duplicate char names and you could have Dayz commander not allow you to log into a new server until your char has finished the 30 second dc/logout timer.

However I expect this is probably isnt possible due to ARMA code rather than being dayz code.

Edited by Vetrox

If the player is bleeding before they log out they should still bleed during the time there are gone.

For example Player Alpha is shot my Player Hotel's Makarov.

Player Alpha is bleeding but Alt-f4s

When Player Alpha logs back in later he realizes that his character has died while he was away due to blood loss.

Right now you only bleed while in the game. This would help fight combat DCers but wouldn't be the only solution

Like the idea.. kind of. Only would be inconvient to get disconnected for other reasons than altf4/abort.. but I think its small change.

I dont know how coding works.

Can you not just have a disconnect timer like in wow.

30 seconds regardless of connection status.

EG. Client looses connection, server sees lost connection and begins a 30second logout timer before the character is logged out? Dayz commander should have a sign up system where you sign up for a char name. That way you wont get duplicate char names and you could have Dayz commander not allow you to log into a new server until your char has finished the 30 second dc/logout timer.

However I expect this is probably isnt possible due to ARMA code rather than being dayz code.

Dayz commandder has nothing to do with this. You are tracked by your GUID on server side, not your playername.

When you want to normally dc, timer will start and you have to stay still. Incase of altf4 your game will close but server will keep your avatar there for that set amount of second.

Then there should be iplemented equal "cooldown" before you can rejoin ANY server so sequence is complete on the previous server you left.

And I think it could be done with little efford.

Edited by Zeppa

How would it work if there are several people in the firefight, who is fighting with who?

How does it register that combat has started?

You could do multiple tags i guess.... lets say thered are two groups with 3 ppl in each group just tag each person who hit who so player 1 from group A got hit by player 1 and 2 from group 2 those tags could be put on the perticular player and theres the time it lasts.

would that work? :)

That could, but I wonder why it should be made so complicated when just simple personal logout timer would do :rolleyes:

And what if shots are fired but missed, like the most cases are when people altf4. You try to take out someone, miss the shot and he bails.

It depends what the guilty party is using ALT F4 for ?

If it is a player who doesn't wish to engage in pvp against his/her will, [...] then quitting is ok (IMO).

The thing is, they are not meant to have a say in the matter, like I don't get to pick what weapons other people use in other games. Other players are the prime obstacles in this mod, and depending on how you play, they are also your prime target. Exploiting anything to detract from the experience of others is a selfish move, regardless of how much you don't want to die.

Not sure about the possibility of that, or even if I'd like the idea. I prefer to think I have more control over my system than a game.

I think instead of giving the control of the OS to the games just leave the character wherever it is for a minute after you disconnect, that would make players actually give a damn about where the disconnect and that some kind of process is done while you disconnect from a server and that if the process is not completed the character stays idle wherever it was at the moment of alt-f4ing so you can actually alt-f4 but at the price of having an idle character that is killable and lootable

That could, but I wonder why it should be made so complicated when just simple personal logout timer would do :rolleyes:

And what if shots are fired but missed, like the most cases are when people altf4. You try to take out someone, miss the shot and he bails.

That's why I think they should implement suppresion, not like battlefield suppresion that you can't even control your weapon, but maybe just include the fact the on the HIVE or the code it says Player X is suppresed, or Player Y is suppresing Player Z, an thet way it would also solve your issue with the group combat.

with the hive logging trends in server hoppers it can easily find the trends of connections killed within x time of taking damage, cd keys who have a habit of disconnecting with 20 seconds of taking damage can be banned.

ofcourse this means you would have to hit the person for it to register,

How so? All you are saying is the shortcut is disabled, right? Surely the authority level of Task manager or CMD would override that of a game.

Calm yourself. I actally tested it out with my freind. It both took us around 8-10 seconds for the game to close. Task manager dosent insta close the process. If you are afk for 8-10 seconds then you are easy to kill in that time. Anyway the game is to broke for alt f4 and abort to be removed. I NEED TO ALT F4. I don't do it when in a legit battle but it is my only defence to hackers currently.

Do this for standalone.

Supression... hmm

If these thigs are calculated from hive side, you realize how MUCH straing it going to greate when you need to relay everything from huge number of servers. I dont say its impossible but huge resource drain.

The simple timer would be somewhat most lightest and working concept <_<

Calm yourself. I actally tested it out with my freind. It both took us around 8-10 seconds for the game to close. Task manager dosent insta close the process. If you are afk for 8-10 seconds then you are easy to kill in that time. Anyway the game is to broke for alt f4 and abort to be removed. I NEED TO ALT F4. I don't do it when in a legit battle but it is my only defence to hackers currently.

Do this for standalone.

Firstly, I do not understand why you're asking me to calm down. I made a question and an observation. It's not that important though, so meh.

Secondly, when you say Task manager took 8-10 seconds, was this with killing the process, or through "End task"? Also, did you test it with taskkill in CMD? I'd check myself but I can't play ARMA at the moment.

I think instead of giving the control of the OS to the games just leave the character wherever it is for a minute after you disconnect, that would make players actually give a damn about where the disconnect and that some kind of process is done while you disconnect from a server and that if the process is not completed the character stays idle wherever it was at the moment of alt-f4ing so you can actually alt-f4 but at the price of having an idle character that is killable and lootable

Yeah, that would be the most sensible solution if you ask me.

Edited by Rage VG

When the hacker problems are gone, then we can start talking about removing quick logout. I do realise some people abuse the logouts, but if a hacker comes after me with a golden AK74 in a flying boat, i dont want to wait 10 seconds before escaping.

• Like 1

When the hacker problems are gone, then we can start talking about removing quick logout. I do realise some people abuse the logouts, but if a hacker comes after me with a golden AK74 in a flying boat, i dont want to wait 10 seconds before escaping.

THIS is what I was going to say, leave ALT&F4 the fuck alone till you get rid of the hackers, I don't mind dying to another player but not some skiddie.

Easy way to fix this.

Like its in potbs! :)

If you crash or press alt+F4 you will be ingame for 2 minutes. maybe should be less. like 1 min in dayz.

If you press logout you will get a 30second timer

Just read through the posts here, and decided to throw in a quick thought. If your avatar is handled server side because of disconnection, is that going to be solely for the benefit of people shooting at you?

Because I see people using re-logging to lose hordes of zombies more often than to avoid PvP. (probably because I like to let survivors survive, they still logout sometimes, but I pretty much never shoot at them)

This should be considered as much of a cheat as any other alt+f4 move, but I'm fairly certain zombies that are aggroed on a player are calculated client side to ease load on the server.

Would that be handled similarly to suppressing fire/shock? Food for thought.

Also : There are times when players can become legitimately disconnected from the internet. I've had the No response for xx seconds. like when a server restarts. But for no obvious reason.

Players do get D/C, whether for powercuts, router failure, high ping, even admin kicks (and the last one WILL be abused if a logout timer is added, call it a premonition) without a way to differentiate, any crackdown on alt+f4 will no doubt bring a flood of bitching. It's not an easy one to sort.

Edited by Chabowski

Just read through the posts here, and decided to throw in a quick thought. If your avatar is handled server side because of disconnection, is that going to be solely for the benefit of people shooting at you?

Because I see people using re-logging to lose hordes of zombies more often than to avoid PvP. (probably because I like to let survivors survive, they still logout sometimes, but I pretty much never shoot at them)

This should be considered as much of a cheat as any other alt+f4 move, but I'm fairly certain zombies that are aggroed on a player are calculated client side to ease load on the server.

Would that be handled similarly to suppressing fire/shock? Food for thought.

Also : There are times when players can become legitimately disconnected from the internet. I've had the No response for xx seconds. like when a server restarts. But for no obvious reason.

Players do get D/C, whether for powercuts, router failure, high ping, even admin kicks (and the last one WILL be abused if a logout timer is added, call it a premonition) without a way to differentiate, any crackdown on alt+f4 will no doubt bring a flood of bitching. It's not an easy one to sort.

Yes, I would say its solely for other people on the server, to be fair.

Its true that client side handless the zeds, I dont know how it will be in standalone but incase the client controlling the zeds gets unresponsive the control could be swapped, as It is now?

If you enter a town zeds will spawn, after this someone joins you and you logout, those zeds will stay there but now will be controlled by the last player. I havent countered situation where zeds woud despawn if there is someone in that ~200m radius of the player disconnecting. But IMO if someone choose to loose zeds with dcing he should get killed, thats an exploit where is the loot farming, duping and shit.

Some of these things coudnt be handled by client side, it would be easyer to modify things for you advantage with some software. I think the game should be optimized that more thing could be handled on server side.

Last one is a fair point, but If I could choose I would suck up the rare unwanted disconnection and maybe death rather than people disapearing from my crosshair all the time. You just need to find stable and good server with good administration... as it prefered to do even now.

Ideal situation would be that servers would be hosted by BIS or some instance that doesnt have these kid admins kicking/banning people for stealing their bike or other stupid shit..