Sign in to follow this  
S1ippery Jim

Admins should not be able to read vehicle location saves in logs

Server Admins currently have the ability to view the vehicle save locations (eg coordinates) in their server logs. This should be removed ASAP (as in the next update) to prevent them using this advantage to find all the vehicles on the map and hoarding them, retrieving stolen vehicles etc.

• Like 3

Fuckin admins banned us for stealing their helis all the time :/ They shouldn't be able to see shit, cept basic logs. Seeing where shit is saved plus where we are is such shit..

Edited by Ashnik

Some things need to stay to somehow have a way to control hackers...too bad some admins abuse the power they have to gain an advantage on their homeground.

We had an encounter where we removed a player from our server, he came into our teamspeak asking why. So we told him that we found illegal weapons in their posession and they agreed to show their camp and for us to check for illegal items. We told them they should move their camp afterwards..that was 3 days ago..if they are still camping there this weekend they would have been pretty stupid. On the other hand we also legally found a couple of other camps and are "using" the items the owners store there :D

Fuckin admins banned us for stealing their helis all the time :/ They shouldn't be able to see shit, cept basic logs. Seeing where shit is saved plus where we are is such shit..

Admin can see where you log out/log in. They can't see where you are in real time unless they have something like Navigator.

Admin can see where you log out/log in. They can't see where you are in real time unless they have something like Navigator.

I know that. I had a friend who owned a server.

I know that. I had a friend who owned a server.

Oh, then you're just being dumb.

If you play in a server with a shitty SA, it's a very wise decision to leave. If you have proof of their malfeasance it's a good idea to leave and report them. Vehicles displaying in the log is often the only proof that there was a teleporting hacker in a server, and in some cases, this can lead to evidence an SA needs to ban the script kiddy. Talking about removing the only evidence of teleporting vehicles is talk I'd expect to hear from a script kiddy themselves, not a legit player.

• Like 1

Oh, then you're just being dumb.

If you play in a server with a shitty SA, it's a very wise decision to leave. If you have proof of their malfeasance it's a good idea to leave and report them. Vehicles displaying in the log is often the only proof that there was a teleporting hacker in a server, and in some cases, this can lead to evidence an SA needs to ban the script kiddy. Talking about removing the only evidence of teleporting vehicles is talk I'd expect to hear from a script kiddy themselves, not a legit player.

Nothing I said was dumb, being able to see log out and in locations is still pretty shitty, since the admin usually hog the helis they can wait for you to log in then go in that general area to find you still...

How can they use the Coordinates to their advantage? I thought there was no way for the admin's to read them as they are in a strange format. How do you read them?

X = X Y = Y^-1 (sort of, it goes south to north instead of north to south)

Edited by sp86

Nothing I said was dumb, being able to see log out and in locations is still pretty shitty, since the admin usually hog the helis they can wait for you to log in then go in that general area to find you still...

As if every Admin does that on a daily basis...

I think as a Admin, its a duty to make sure the server is running correctly and with the items/vehicles/crash sites all spawning when they should. We were hit, as many have been and everything was teleported, just gone....this killed the moral of probably 20 or so regs and admins alike.

A little digging into the logs and we were able to let the players know things were on map and to keep looking which in turn kept them playing, plus the fact unless you have figured out how to read the co-ords, its not that simple to pinpoint [yes, you can flame me for that!..;P ]

The ability of being able to say 'yes, the chopper is on map' is a huge boost for many of our lads who after the last mass wipe were happy not to play.

50/50 on this tbh as if its a private sanctuary/community funded server then i would want the full control to a trusted Admin where as on an open public server the chances are a few bad apples would spoilt it.