Sign in to follow this  
Apocrypha8

Not getting attached to gear

IMO, gear is not that big of a deal as it was when I first started playing. Now, I spawn, make my way to whatever city I am closer to, get good rifles and pistols, occasionally a ghillie suit, and necessities. I then proceed to run up to Stary Sobor(Takes 15 mins), get gear out of tents, Usually find a sniper.

>Has sniper and ghillie

Goes to NW airfield, goes prone under a tree near the sandbags. Snipes a handful of people, head into barracks and hangars, prowl around the airfield killing people. Get sniped

Repeat

It is pretty easy to get good gear, I don't know why people get so butthurt over their lost gear.

• Like 3

Yea... Right...

Or you could avoid the NW airfield completely as well as Stary, go to Dobrry in Electro and get all the gear you need in 10 minutes?

NW airfield is a death trap now with server hoppers, hackers and all. (I haven't been up there in a few weeks.)

• Like 1

Elektro hill. Gear up in 5mins!

5 Minutes eh?

Usualy i would grab my old trusty Lee Enfield from the local pub or super market before heading up that hill! (Because in Chernarus that's what they sell in a super market, tents, guns, ammo and food, seems the same as Wallmart)

I guess you could always run up there and grab the gun from their backpack?

• Like 2

Elektro hill. Gear up in 5mins!

^ This lol. Go on a high populated server and hit up sniper hill in Electro or just go run around Cherno and you might find some good stuff. I find it boring running all the way to the NWAF and then dieing like an hour later. Rather gear up by the coast kill some people and then repeat, thats fun to me.

5 Minutes eh?

Usualy i would grab my old trusty Lee Enfield from the local pub or super market before heading up that hill! (Because in Chernarus that's what they sell in a super market, tents, guns, ammo and food, seems the same as Wallmart)

I guess you could always run up there and grab the gun from their backpack?

Yeah I usually grab from their bag or just find whatever I can on my way to the hill which is usually an ax. Also don't be surprised to find tents at the very top of the hill.

Goes to NW airfield, goes prone under a tree near the sandbags. Snipes a handful of people, head into barracks and hangars, prowl around the airfield killing people. Get sniped

Repeat

Brilliant plan. "Get sniped, then repeat"

Do people really gear up simply for 40 minutes of gunfighting and then die? That seems a bit of a waste, though you're totally free to do what you like.

I'd rather keep causing mayhem. It's not because I'm afraid to lose gear, it's simply because I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of killing me, and I have the patience to do things right.

I'd like to see people who have less than a certain average survival time after their first 48 hours of elapsed game play spawn with something silly like a dunce hat, ass chaps, or a furry costume, at least until they pull their average up. Hell, maybe make them look like hipsters or fat insurance salesmen. :lol:

Edited by Just a Goat
  • Like 2

Do people really gear up simply for 40 minutes of gunfighting and then die? That seems a bit of a waste, though you're totally free to do what you like.

I'd rather keep causing mayhem. It's not because I'm afraid to lose gear, it's simply because I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of killing me, and I have the patience to do things right.

I'd like to see people who have less than a certain average survival time after their first 48 hours of elapsed game play spawn with something silly like a dunce hat, ass chaps, or a furry costume, at least until they pull their average up. Hell, maybe make them look like hipsters or fat insurance salesmen. :lol:

Obviously I don't intend on getting shot, but you die some time or another. I stay alive for a few days usually, but if I die quick, gear isn't hard.

I understand that with the hackers and duped gear that you shouldn't get attached to your stuff, but this is a Survival Game... You should try to survive instead of hanging out in an area where you expect to die.

I usually hit up Elektro, Cherno, or both. After getting good gear, I might scan over all the hills outside of the towns to pick of douchebag noobkillers. After that, I head up North, and live happily ever after.

Whenever I'm in the mood to bandit, I just hide out near a cafe or a shop, easy way to get at least one kill by the end of the day. Most folks are bending over picking up loot, so plenty of time to shoot out their spine or the back of their dome.

Dont expect to die EVERY time you go up there. Make a base or something and store what you dont need to

take with you to NW Airfield.

What I usually do is when I spawn I find a decent pack (Alice pack is the best you can find on the coast) grab a gun or two,

head North, setup a camp and store your spare gear.

"Go and die."

travel North again and gear up with what you stored.

50% of your time saved!

Stopped going up north, recently taken up "Man vs wild: Elektro survival" Which is pretty fun, tons of hackers on those servers though.

If that was the case hive wipe would take a backseat to "amg i got uglyst costum nd nub azz banitz kep 1 shot me"

Hmm, seems like people keep playing DayZ like an arcade shooter, i try to survive and especially not get sniped

That goes with extreme caution and slow movement, but so far it's my fifth day alive and i have 5 kills (not sniping anywhere, just roaming around basicaly looking for vehicles and choppers)