Sign in to follow this  

Running beta patch as combined ops.

STEAM USER

Ive tried everything.

When i use the run arma 2 OA beta patch.exe in the arrowhead folder the beta patch starts just fine , when i add the -mod=@dayz to it then i get some "CAbuildingparts required" error.

When i try and run combined ops i get some Unable to run direct 3d error.

Any suggestions?

I had exact same issue... fixed it with the launcher http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

download it, install it

on setup, point it to the paths to arma 2 & OA, eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

From addons tab, right click on addons/mods on the right, select add group. right click on the new group and rename it dayz. drag @dayz from available addons to the dayz group and then make sure you tick it

looks like:

launcher1.jpg

From launch options tab, tick run beta & no splash screen

make sure you point the beta paths for arma 2 & oa to the same beta, eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

tick play online, and set game version to arma II CO, click start game

looks like:

launcher2.jpg

alternatively, assuming everything is already setup, follow this tutorial from 5:40

that worked thanks , i already had that program but i didn't know about the beta feature.

Does not work AT ALL! I dont what i am doing wrong! Please help. (BTW i have arma 2 reinforcements, i did not buy the expansions seperately) I still get the "CAbuildingparts required" error

Does not work AT ALL! I dont what i am doing wrong! Please help. (BTW i have arma 2 reinforcements' date=' i did not buy the expansions seperately) I still get the "CAbuildingparts required" error

[/quote']

If you're using steam as well just use this

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13684