dANIELZN

A few questions regarding server administration.

Hi!

I am currently one of the admins of a unspecific Norwegian server.

I have two questions for you today, which I hope someone can answer. Kudos/beans will be given!

Firstly; In what log can I see teleportation?

Secondly: Do I have to add bans manually to the bans.txt-file, or do they get automaticly written there when banning permanently through BERcon or the ArmA2 Rcon?

My second question is because I strongly fear that all bans I've done have been "removed" by BattlEye or the server at server restart. Thusly, I have had visits from a few formerly permanently banned hackers during the latest days.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

• Like 1

Good questions. Hope these answers help you.

As far as seeing teleportation, I manually check the login location of the players in "arma2oaserver.RPT" This report also shows what gear the players are logging in with. Now the trick to catching teleporters is comparing the login coords and time with a specific event. Events like heli crashes, and pipe bombs are usually a dead give away.

As far I as I know, the current script detection's aren't catching the teleporters. i believe they are working on the "setpos.txt" but I haven't seen an update to it yet. Maybe someone else has a comment about this.

When it comes to Bans, I use DarT v0.5. All bans I apply seem to write correctly to the "bans.txt" and save/load after a restart. I am not sure about other Rcon tools and how they write. Could be a bug or write permissions per your host.

What I like about DarT is the player database. Allowing me to catch hackers after they have come and gone by checking the logs manually and searching that player in DarT. Then I ban GUID and IP.

You really have to compare all the logs to each other in order to catch a hacker that battleye doesnt.

I hope this helps you out. Once you get the hang of deciphering the logs, it gets a bit easier.

Good Luck.

Edited by Reality
  • Like 1

We catched some teleporters today who were mentioned in setpos.log, There were like 10/20 lines with them flying around the map.

However I still wonder if the guys who are mentioned once are teleporting too? Can somebody confirm that?

We catched some teleporters today who were mentioned in setpos.log, There were like 10/20 lines with them flying around the map.

However I still wonder if the guys who are mentioned once are teleporting too? Can somebody confirm that?

What do you have in your setpos.txt? The CBL setpos.txt is blank.

I will not remove the ip's and guids from the confirmed cheaters, because they obviously wanted to get caught spreading their shit all over the logs.

It's the lone wolfs I am wondering about what's up with them.

-ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip- that's gone. too long to scroll

Edited by stokvis

I have this theory that they teleport in firefights or so. I don't know how to explain this behaviour like the last 2 lines?

Hi again.

Where do I find this setpost.txt etc?

I don't seem to find it in my server files. Is it something I have to manually add? If so, what do I write in the txt-file?

I am sorry, I was mistaken.

There is pretty much nothing in it:

1 ""

Edited by stokvis

You need to manually set it up.

Create these files in your cfgdayz\battleye\ folder on your server.

http://code.google.c.../browse/filters

Hi again, and sorry for disturbing!

I have added the setpos.txt-file to my server, but it doesn't seem to log anything. Do I have to make another file entitled "setpos.log" aswell?

It takes time to log, and only logs if there is an issue.

Edit: Make sure to have all those files in the server as well.

Edited by Reality

I am sorry, I was mistaken.

There is pretty much nothing in it:

1 ""

Oh ok, Thats what I have but no log yet.Guess no one has teleported on my server yet :D

I don't know. That is possible,

Did you update the files on your server? I send you the link in my previous message.

I don't know. That is possible,

Did you update the files on your server? I send you the link in my previous message.

Yea, I check the files everyday. Funny enough, we caught one last night. I love how these guys try to get away with this stuff. I know there are still a lot of work around's, but all in all, these scripts help quite a bit.

Ok nice!

There are some selfproclaimed smartasses that bypass the log. Caught one yesterday.

He was on the server for three whole days and I found really nothing else in the logs as him logging connecting and disconnecting.

He caught my attention because everytime I used the ban hammer he disconnected. :)

Also read a thread yesterday on a cheatsite where they warn that the setpos script shows up in the logs.

Anyone care to explain what this is? Is this hacking ,and if so, what sort?

#70 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"