mistaken@live.se

Hunted down by hackers.

So. basicly me and my friend that I'm playing Dayz with has gotten more and more in to the whole being a bandit thing, wich has resulted in us camping out Elektro for several hours with all kinds of different approaches, sniping from sniperhill, running around with axes and shotgums aswell as camping the school and hospital roof with assault rifles or winchesters. We have both gotten to the point where we are at about -100k humanity and I dont know if this is the reason but lately we have been getting raped by hackers. Maybe the ammount of hackers is increasing or we are just pissing people off, I don't know. But these last couple of days maybe 10% of our deaths have been from nonhackers. Not two hours ago we were at the hospital roof, and I had just killed one sniper on sniperhill and we killed this one Hero two or three times on a not so crowded server (less then 15 people) when all of a sudden some hacker decided to blow the hospital up from nowhere, we didn't see any zombie aggro or anything, luckily we flew up in the air and alt + f4'd our way out of a sure death with some broken bones and mayor bleed on another server. This is just one of the exemples. sometimes when we get killed by hackers and respawn they gank us for as long as we stay on a server just killing us, we have started to change our names between server changes to avoid this but it doesn't cut it. So what im trying to get at in this thread is that either hackers are just crowding the servers or there are actually hackers that hunt down bandits. I've been playing the game for a couple of weeks now and the last couple of days have just been horrible. Anyone else that can relate to this or do you think it's pure coincident and just our luck for being in Elektro?

Changing your name wont help you against hackers.

You might feel special, but trust me the hackers aren't trying to kill you and your friendly only. You just stay where many people stays, which means a hackers heaven.

Changing your name will help you against hackers, but only if a hacker is trying to follow you around servers. There are scripters everywhere and you'll eventually get caught by one. You will get used to it trust me.

How can someone follow you between servers? There's around 5,000 of them.

How can someone follow you between servers? There's around 5,000 of them.

Yes, with DayZ Commander, you just add their name to the friends list and bam.

So what im trying to get at in this thread is that either hackers are just crowding the servers or there are actually hackers that hunt down bandits. I've been playing the game for a couple of weeks now and the last couple of days have just been horrible. Anyone else that can relate to this or do you think it's pure coincident and just our luck for being in Elektro?

interesting theory, I've wondered myself if scripters are able to scope out players on a server by location, gear, etc. *before* they decide who to hack and how. I think in your case it's probably just coincidence, but then again if you killed someone multiple times and that someone happened to be a hacker, he might conceivably haunt you with his scripts for a while, who knows; anything is possible in this crazy alpha environment.

as for the exploding hospital, i don't think you need a hacker script for that: someone would only have had to spawn in the hospital down below with satchel charges and... BOOM! maybe another coincidence (could have been a legit spawn, altho then blowing up the building is a shitty thing to do), or maybe someone was server hopping with satchel charges.

bottom line: at 10 percent, your share of "illegitimate" deaths is well within the mean. it's something we have to accept until the standalone is ready.

Its not becouse of your humanity, its about there humanity. they kill everybody, teleporting behind you and kill without mercy. This happend to me yesterday.

I was running around the airfield to loot it but for some reason the loot and zombies wasent spawning. then just of sudden zombies spawned and I thougt at least! 5 seconds later I got worried that it wasent my spawns so I turned around to the forrest thinking an enemy could be 200 meters away and approtching. But there he was not 10 feet from me with a M117 pointed at me, he had camocloating with helmet. I was already dead