Sign in to follow this  
dontera

Vilayer managed game servers, new Mod options

Greetings, I've been renting a Vilayer managed dayz server for a few weeks now, love it. Looked in 'ACP > Game Services > Mods' screen today and there are now two options for all four maps; eg:

Vilayer DayZ Lingor Private - DayZLingor Private Server Edition

Vilayer DayZ Lingor Public - DayZLingor Public Server Edition

But there seems to be no information on precisely what Public and Private means in this case. Logic suggests Public = current Vilayer hive, Private = single server hive. Can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

All 4 maps have both options.. private/public.

You have a separate database for each, so you have all items,vehicles,tents..saved on that server instance.

You can switch back and fourth and play all the different maps ,pub or private and retain your character,assets and location for each mode on each map separately.

After much searching ...and $ spent.

We have come to the conclusion that there is only 1 choice when it comes to a server host for DayZ...

ViLayer. http://www.vilayer.com/

They offer the best tech support.. ticket system,as well as Teamspeak...

You actually get to speak to a person most of the time, or you can submit a ticket with questions or problems.(they answer quickly)

You have the ability to have a Traditional DayZ server on the Main hive.. Or a "Package Server"

Which gives you the ability to have a private server or public... you have the choice of 4...yes 4 different maps!

DayZ Takistan

DayZ Lingor

DayZ Chernarus

DayZ Utes

All have separate databases...( you can switch between public/private from map to map) all vehicles save properly..all items save properly... You can change time.. set amount of vehicles in the map...way to many options to list..

We have been so pleased with the game since we made the change to ViLayer...

DayZ is a whole new game now.

Thanks to Lee, Nigel, Casey, and all the staff over there for making DayZ enjoyable and fun for our clan again.

M4DGaming www.m4dclans.com

• Like 3

Yes, this brought back allot of mates to the game. Guess we need more servers as we love the private one (no hacking, no bullshit + RP + clan wars :) but also love public.

Awesome work Vilayer!

Btw, it`s passworded by default. Is there a way i can remove the password, but lock it when i feel we have a nice bunch of people to play with?

You can change time.. set amount of vehicles in the map...way to many options to list..

I think you covered them all, there isnt that many.

i just got vilayer too but i cant get my new server startet,

when i try to join it from dayz commander it just puts me on a wait for host screen forever :(

dunno what to do

help plz

i just got vilayer too but i cant get my new server startet,

when i try to join it from dayz commander it just puts me on a wait for host screen forever :(

dunno what to do

help plz

You ordered a public hive server ill assume, wait for your instance id.

On another note we switched from the public hive to vilayers so we could use these mods and are much happier, some new things to explore and no detailed loot map or anything Takistan with its no medical buildings, no forest and also no consumable exploit actually make the game a challenge again.

I dont know if anyone from vilayer will see this but when we switched over and started up none of the script.txt, createvehicle.txt etc files were installed so none of the .log files actually logged anything and people were free to script and do whatever they wanted. I noticed the problem after going private to see what was going on and uploaded all the files needed myself and now the logs work as they should I dont know if this is a problem with all the server or just ours I guess this is just a heads up to check.

Vilayer decided to move our Australian server to the US without us even knowing and shutting it down for over a week without notice. Needless to say we canceled the service. Paying for a service that was down 25% of the time is very ordinary business. Sorry to jack the thread.

@RobCivicCRX

Under mods in the acp there is a mod u can install that auto-updates your scripts.txt etc from dayz-community-banlist...

Basicly it runs & updates your servers scripts.txt etc at each reboot

Personnal i prefer if un-installed / off, as i run run a custom set of scripts for lingor, that i keep updated myself.

Edited by Torndeco

@RobCivicCRX

Under mods in the acp there is a mod u can install that auto-updates your scripts.txt etc from dayz-community-banlist...

Basicly it runs & updates your servers scripts.txt etc at each reboot

Personnal i prefer if un-installed / off, as i run run a custom set of scripts for lingor, that i keep updated myself.

I did have that installed but honestly none of the files were there, but yea I turned it off now and will just do it manually anyway.

Vilayer decided to move our Australian server to the US without us even knowing and shutting it down for over a week without notice. Needless to say we canceled the service. Paying for a service that was down 25% of the time is very ordinary business. Sorry to jack the thread.

Vilayer doesn't care much for Australian's obviously, anyway they've gone from a good rating down to a bad rating because of it I'd say..

http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.vilayer.com

take note that ALL the 5 star reviews are about ts3 servers and whatnot.. who can't set them up?

Yes this was bad 6days of down time with out an email saying what was going on

I am not too happy with Vilayer. Red Button Labs has been issued AU27 as our designated slot by DayZ yet this is apparent...

list.gif

Its very hard to contact them. If anyone knows the operators there please forward this.

Edited by Heavy Bob

All 4 maps have both options.. private/public.

You have a separate database for each, so you have all items,vehicles,tents..saved on that server instance.

You can switch back and fourth and play all the different maps ,pub or private and retain your character,assets and location for each mode on each map separately.

After much searching ...and $ spent.

We have come to the conclusion that there is only 1 choice when it comes to a server host for DayZ...

ViLayer. http://www.vilayer.com/

They offer the best tech support.. ticket system,as well as Teamspeak...

You actually get to speak to a person most of the time, or you can submit a ticket with questions or problems.(they answer quickly)

You have the ability to have a Traditional DayZ server on the Main hive.. Or a "Package Server"

Which gives you the ability to have a private server or public... you have the choice of 4...yes 4 different maps!

DayZ Takistan

DayZ Lingor

DayZ Chernarus

DayZ Utes

All have separate databases...( you can switch between public/private from map to map) all vehicles save properly..all items save properly... You can change time.. set amount of vehicles in the map...way to many options to list..

We have been so pleased with the game since we made the change to ViLayer...

DayZ is a whole new game now.

Thanks to Lee, Nigel, Casey, and all the staff over there for making DayZ enjoyable and fun for our clan again.

M4DGaming www.m4dclans.com

Yes Sir ...I have Takistan & Fallujah and love the hive because everything works.. spawn is super fast also