Sign in to follow this  
heath619

WTH tents just sigh.

Ok ok now my mates and i have been playing for 5-6 days now, and we plan on making a "camp" if that is even possible, So on Day 2 of playing we found a tent ventured somewhere and set two tents up oh fun fun! we had some basic supplies in there all happy and that jazz we saved out tent and logged out. We log back on the next day and to our surprise everything we had was gone! after debating what happened to our stuff, we goggle and hit some forums and saw there was a bug that could delete all your gear, Oh goodo! So after reading this and the crushing defeat of the alpha we lost a bit of spirit, but nether less we want to try again because of how many other players have "camps" so we went out the next day to go make another camp we had 3 tents and some low/medium grade supplies so we tented up and stored our stuff, so we save our gear and rah rah, log on the next day everything is gone again so out of 3 tents 3 bugged. DAH FAQ. Anyway we did still wanted to play this game and the next day made a camp again but this time we hit some GREAT i mean great lewts, so we planted 5 tents this time spread all the weaponry out in these 5 tents and saved them and all that jazz. Log on the next day and everything was not there? like ok what the? did that..what dah faq! ive read a couple of forums about tents and now is there a certain little trick that people do for tents or is it purely random if it saves or not cause this has really broken our spirits with this game, and i do know its a game in the alpha state but i know alot of people have tents out there and work well, so are we doing something wrong? cause we all love this game and want to keep playiing it, so if you know any info could you pls tell me! :) ( sorry if it has bad grammar and spelling its 1am and im very tired.)

Or you put your tents in really shitty areas and people looted them. It's also spelled "dafuq".

Nar after the 1st tent, i put some tin cans in some to see if was raiders, but even those were gone. like our tents are in good places like its whack that they never save.

Nar after the 1st tent, i put some tin cans in some to see if was raiders, but even those were gone. like our tents are in good places like its whack that they never save.

Are you running the latest dayz update? I know they fixed vehicle and tent saves in 1.7.2.6

• Like 1

How to stop giving a fuck, this is something I advise you to learn.

Now I see you have this issue with tents, we have all had it and most people do not know why this happens. The mod had an update which "fixed" this glitch, now I could give you some assumptions, just because you would rather like to know this, than knowing you are putting things into a tent disguised as a black hole.

Your server has settings which do not allow tents to save

Your servers save function has completely malfunctioned

Are you even playing on an updated server?

Have you seen other tents with items in them, after each reset and confirmed this?

People could be looting your shit, how unlucky

Your tent is actually a black hole

Your tent is bugged

Your player is bugged

Saving too many times?

The game sucks

Glitch

I hope this helped you.

Now, do not feel discouraged to play this mod, after all it is just a mod.

Just store your important stuff on your player.

Yea commander has everything up to date, so i really don't know. Before i stored some random shit in a tent and it saved so i may wait for the server restart then put my gear in the tent after that.

Tents do not save during the first server restart. Place a tent, and come back a day later to store things.

It will then work.

It really is hit or miss. Placed tent, saved, restart, placed items, saved, restart, items gone, placed item, saved, restart, items there, saved, restart, tent is gone completely. I'm hoping after the next restart my tent comes back but I doubt it.

Either find a server that you can verify save works or just carry items with you.

It really is hit or miss. Placed tent, saved, restart, placed items, saved, restart, items gone, placed item, saved, restart, items there, saved, restart, tent is gone completely. I'm hoping after the next restart my tent comes back but I doubt it.

Either find a server that you can verify save works or just carry items with you.

I was going to ask - do you keep trying to save tents on the same server? If you do then can't really complain.

So you are saying that I need to move my tents to different servers everytime I save them?

Or do you need to test it out, wait for a restart and if it doesn't save find another server?

If so, perhaps they could post servers where tents might actually save as opposed to going through server after server trying to find one that works. Personally I don't want ti wait for weeks to find a server that works.

IT could be the server's fault. if you put up a tent on a server and it doesn't save at ALL (goes poof), try on another server; not on the SAME fucked up server.

cheers.

Tents work but I would place a piece of trash in them before a restart. After restart the tent should work.... Don't forget to save about 10X each time you access the tent.

So you are saying that I need to move my tents to different servers everytime I save them?

Not exactly. If you've ever only tried to save tents on one server and it always fails it's probably that particular server and might be worth trying a different one rather than perservering in forlorn hope that it might magically start working!

How would it be possible for the server to be at fault given they are all up to the latest version? Servers don't store information the hive does, You guys have no clue. Please don't give out bad information.

Edited by RogueOne

Au contraire !

Yeah every single server is up to date lololololol. The hive doesnt update them you know. And server settings can be messed around with by server admins.

Even if what you say might be true it's still logical to see if you have the same problem on a different server.

Its a shitty mod, expect everything to work 50/50. About the same rate as to how long you'll keep the game installed by December!

Got tents saved on multiple servers. Yet to have a problem on any of the ones running 1.7.2.6. Tents aren't saving for me on 1.7.2.5.

Tents do not save during the first server restart. Place a tent, and come back a day later to store things.

It will then work.

This is the right answer.

After pegging a tent, you have to wait until first server restart for tent to "settle" in the right position. After that you can start loading it with your valuables.

This is the right answer.

After pegging a tent, you have to wait until first server restart for tent to "settle" in the right position. After that you can start loading it with your valuables.

This is good to know. I just lost a bunch of items. Meh. That's how the ball rolls. I will remember this, thanks!

Tents will save inside trees or on hills, or on flat ground. All of mine are inside trees, a pain in the ass to access but they always save.