joojoo-gl

Editing Arma CD Key

a how-to please.

thanks.

is there anyone out there that knows how to edit the ArmaII cd key in the registry? please help me.

a how-to please.

thanks.

is there anyone out there that knows how to edit the ArmaII cd key in the registry? please help me.

Sorry kid' date=' you're on your own.

Because he is attempting to run multiple accounts on the one computer.

Mag.

Or attempt to get back into DayZ after being banned permanently with his CD key.

Hates people who try to pirate games!

Me too and I did close this thread thinking the same thing but figured I owed it to the person to do some more research. I determined he was posting somewhat innocently.

While it's true that some banned players will attempt to get back in by editing CD keys and what not it's not really a huge issue. Either they've paid for or otherwise acquired a legitimate CD key. If they hack again, they disappear again... pretty simple really.

However if they play fairly, then lesson learned hopefully.

Anyway, the issue of the OP is a legitimate one.

Magnet

Search the registry manually but I dont think you can change the key like that, it needs to be turned into hex decimal code. I mean you can change it if you turn it into hex

I have two copies of arma that i purchased, one from amazon one from steam.

Me and my roomate have been having to share our copies, and it sucks because he sucks and looses my shit.

I can get into the reg and find my key, im just having a problem converting it to the key that comes with arma, someone out there has to know how to do this,.

You would have to find some way to convert your key into hex. Easier said than done.

BUT, there is another way to do this:

Just go to your registry, look for your key and rename that to something like key2 and just leave it there.

The key should be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA (at least for the non steam version)

Reinstall Operation Arrowhead with the key that wasn't in use. This will create a new registry entry with that new key.

You should then have KEY and KEY2 in your OA registry.

When you want to play with one key or the other, just rename whichever one you are going to use to "KEY" and the other to something else and it will work.

PS : Forgot to mention, if the game doesn't launch after doing this, reinstall the 1.60 patch. It will just validate the files and won't take very long.