rajkosto

Hive access DLL for DayZ (Opensource)

I made a replacement hive access dll back in the 1.6 days (intended to be a replacement for the imho badly done "official" hive access dll), and have been sitting on it (well, i shared it with about 7 people) untill now, and after it's been obvious that it won't be used as official ever (following the whole standalone business), I decided to strip it down, and release it as opensource to the community, so that anyone can run a private (or official) server however they want, with an improved hive access dll.

As far as I know, I was the first guy to run a private hive server (maybe you remember EU-BIGBO and EU-1337), first on a hacked up "official" dll, but very soon after that I made my own, and this is the result.

So go check it out at https://github.com/rajkosto/hive , precompiled binaries can be found in the Downloads section there (https://github.com/rajkosto/hive/downloads), if you don't want to compile yourself. Make sure to read the README (skip the compiling section if you downloaded it, ofc) fully, and the example HiveExt.ini to know what you need to set up.

If you like my work, and would like to send me some cash for a beer, just go here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Q7ZJKYLCR5XMS

Thanks, and good luck with your DayZ server hosting !

This is what SE9, 10 has been running for the last few months. It is an _AWESOME_ HiveEXT.dll, and I really recommend you give it a try if you're setting up a private server or are using the old antirocket builds.

Compared to Bliss, this hive is mature and known for it stability and lack of bugs.

This is what SE9, 10 has been running for the last few months. It is an _AWESOME_ HiveEXT.dll, and I really recommend you give it a try if you're setting up a private server or are using the old antirocket builds.

Compared to Bliss, this hive is mature and known for it stability and lack of bugs.

Are you comparing the OP HIVE acces DLL to Bliss or Bliss and Anti-Rocket or? :) just to clarify mate

Obviously both ? I didn't care to see what the other servers do (because mine was the first, even though it was not put up for download by anyone), but afaicr antirocket is just a hex edited "official" hiveext.dll, while Bliss is some C# thing with a completely different database layout.

Mine behaves completely to spec as how the "official" one does, and it has features which i thought were useful while i was running my server, and some features other people have requested.

Are you comparing the OP HIVE acces DLL to Bliss or Bliss and Anti-Rocket or? :) just to clarify mate

As rajkosto said, both. If you're using anti-rocket I really recommend switching to this.