xav (DayZ)

DayZ is out of control.....

Hi Diakoona. I've noticed you've been asking the same exact question on multiple threads for the last few days as well as creating a thread about it (which BTW I locked because it was one of about 10 treads in the space of an hour on a similar theme). Really the only people that can answer your question are the devs themselves. If you want me to unlock your thread and give it a quick bump gimme a shout.

Edited by Fraggle

Hi Diakoona. I've noticed you've been asking the same exact question on multiple threads for the last few days as well as creating a thread about it.. Really the only people that can answer your question are the devs themselves.

Sorry - you are right. ArmA 2 people do not even read this forum. I'll stop with this.

No it's cool, and as far as I know a lot of Arma 2 people read the forum, I'm one of them. I'm just not sure your going to get the answers your looking for at this point.

The fun part of this game is gearing up, starting over is what its about so just get up, dust off and get back in there.

I am sitting down to hopefully play this mod for the first time tonight. I am walking in with this attitude. Seems to be no other way to go.

Since I started playing on low pop servers I rarely see hackers. If you join a 20+ server your asking for trouble.

oddly enough ive been playing dayz since June and not once have i seen a hacker in the game but i usually play in servers with 10 or less people always have always will till standalone by then it should all be good

What will solve it

"Standalone"

Solve the issue, or not, the standalone will deny Rocket the "I don't want to modify the engine too much" excuse.

As well as "I'm not getting paid for my work".

I think your getting excuses mixed up with facts.

Edited by Fraggle

Hi PhilB.

I don't get you. You write a long wall of text with some very good points, then immediately afterwards you go and make a second forum account with which you spam the shit out of the thread. Completely pointless in my opinion.

Sorry, it is not me but my idiot brother (older brother, mind you) who became aware of my forum use. He doesn't understand how forums work, he thinks it absurd that there is any moderation at all. He thinks it's like an extension of "America", free speech for all. I sincerely apologize for his behavior. I had no idea he created a forum account and spammed it. He literally just told me this morning what he did last night (I was at work at the time). My apologies.

His point was to characterize the type of response one recieves when one creates a thread about whatever thing he dislikes about said product. I had typically been that guy for him (teling him to get over it, ignore the hackers, why don't you take a break, etc.). He's pissed cuz I told him about this game and he's one of those who physically deleted the game from his hard drive after a particularly rough day of being hacked. He'd been trying to hide out in low pop servers and got scripted appx. 20 times during his single day off from work that he devoted to playing the game.

So yeah, I sorta represent a small group of 'casual gamers' who don't typically engage in forums. I recognize that they don't know how to be appropriate when discussing their displeasure as it is usually a physical conversation I have with them filled with vulgarity, accusation, and just a lot of misplaced hatred. Then I try to articulate the points they have that I think are valid. I don't tell my buddies that I post on a forum as they see this as a pretty douchey thing to do. Unfortunately my brother found out and this is the result.

Anyway, if you look closely. The email accout assigned to his pbj420 business is the same last name but different first name and I don't know if you can see Steam purchases but it is the same e-mail account for an entirely different GUID. I've never created an alt account on anything in my life as I hate those types of mentalities. I don't believe in anonymity on the internet. If I was the emperor of the world, everyone would be required by law to only represent their true selves and no one else for this specific reason.

I apologize again for his trolling. If I had known beforehand that he was gonna do that, I would have surely stopped him since he pretty much destroyed any credibility I had.

I'd give him a slap! Anyway, apology accepted. There's also more answers to your questions about the forum moderation here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91950-dayz-ruined-by-rampat-hacking/page__st__40#entry871151 fresh from the fingers of Rocket himself. I hope you read that too. With my rather long winded answer earlier and Rockets response you should by now have a pretty clear idea about why the forum is moderated the way it is.

Sorry, it is not me but my idiot brother (older brother, mind you) who became aware of my forum use. He doesn't understand how forums work, he thinks it absurd that there is any moderation at all. He thinks it's like an extension of "America", free speech for all. I sincerely apologize for his behavior. I had no idea he created a forum account and spammed it. He literally just told me this morning what he did last night (I was at work at the time). My apologies.

No worries PhilB, I have removed his posts so you won't be affiliated with them.

I can imagine it wasn't funny having to write "my brother did it!". It's like when your dog really eats your homework.

My dog literally shat on my homework once. I had to make up another story because I was too embarrassed to say what had happened.

Why not make a positive of a negative.

At any given time You can be clobbered and wake up who knows where stripped of everything. You have nothing, NOTHING.

Talk about the ultimate survival opportunity. Pick your sorry ass up, shake it off and get your shit together or die.

You could be a weenie and off yourself so you can get a precious backpack, bandage, and meds but why?

Yes hackers can be annoying and all but i mostly feel sorry for the poor guy/gals because they obviously are unable to compete in and enjoy the game like normal folks.

For all the whiners out there ... hold your horses until the stand alone comes out. This is a freaking mod for shit sake. Quit beating your head against the wall and find something fun to do.

Yes hackers can be annoying and all but i mostly feel sorry for the poor guy/gals because they obviously are unable to compete in and enjoy the game like normal folks.

I heard an interview with a hacker yesterday, and when asked why he did what he did, he just said "I dunno... 'cause I'm bored I guess".

I've heard that excuse a few times now, and I think that's a lie. Here's the real reason I believe most people hack:

Our Hack gives you the biggest advantage in DayZ. If you’re tired of dying over and over before even getting a weapon, it’s time to start winning.

With our ***, you’ll be able to gear up within minutes with full Item ESP and Tent ESP. Find other player’s stores of valuable items, and outfit yourself with everything you need to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Take down zombies with ease, and never be caught by surprise with zombie ESP. You’ll be able to raid the most high value zombie infested areas for weapons and items.

Take out players before they know what hit them with player ESP, no recoil, and no spread hacks. Kill players from hundreds of meters away with perfect accuracy, then loot their corpses. All with the best *** around.

It's simply because they cannot handle that horrible feeling you get when you die in DayZ.

There is more cheating in DayZ than any other game I've seen in my life. My theory is that because it's so realistic, unforgiving and raw, people who cannot psychologically handle this are far more likely to resort to hacks. They're precious snowflakes who are used to being the hero who conquers the world in video games, not a little guy just trying to eke out an existence on beans and water after the zombie holocaust.

Edited by Fraggle

@Rooburger - I've removed the link to a hacking site from your post. It should be pretty obvious why. Please don't do it again.

Won't happen again, I just didn't think it would be a concern since it's so easy to find and hacks are openly discussed.

Your right but believe it or not there's still some people out there that don't know where to find these thing's. Also, someone could have a look and then get sucked in.