Sign in to follow this  
Exenima

Zombie Sight in the Dark

Well, we all know, without a NVG's or light sources we can't see in the dark, maybe to an extent, but it's basically an overall blackness. So here's what i put forward, if i can't see in the dark, why can zombies?

It makes sense doesn't it? Zombies were once human, so they should still have the characteristic traites of a human. So why are they able to see in the dark when i can't?

I think this should be fixed. It would benefit players greatly, as they don't have to take extreme procautions when passing by zombies. But i just don't see why zombies can see me in the dark.

Maybe a disadvantage of the dark could be that zombies hearing improves, and they are more aware of the noise you make, to suffice for the visual impairement that the night brings.

Anyway, tell me your thoughts.

What do you mean extreme precautions ? Yesterday at 4 AM I was crouch running in Vybor and Lopatino and everything went juste fine. I was on one side of the road and the zombies on the other, so they were like 2 meters away from me.

Even if you knew they could not see you, would you take the risk to run in front of them ? I don't think so. Just stay crouched or prone if you really need to get close to a zombie : that's what I do and I wasn't bitten in a week.

It would just make sense that Zombie's can't see as much as we can't. I don't remember seeing anywhere that zombies have some unnatural ability to be able to see in the dark. I'm just saying, i know this will benefit a lot of players.

Well, we all know, without a NVG's or light sources we can't see in the dark, maybe to an extent, but it's basically an overall blackness. So here's what i put forward, if i can't see in the dark, why can zombies?

In my (limited) night time experience there is a large varience in darkness - from pitch black to star/moon light that rivals NVG's. Just saying that 'overall blackness' hasn't been my experience :) .

As for zombie sight at night, it seems almost completly non-existant. I found all I had to do was walk past them (making sure I was walking on grassy terrain, so as to make the least noise possible) and 99% of the time I could pass within a couple of meters of them with no fuss.

But there is a great difference between how the Infected see in the dark.

I play on my own in the day time and with my team at night (nearly every night for the last 10 DayZ).

It's a lot safer in town or raiding a Heli site at night.

Same when using cover or getting close up to buildings.