Sign in to follow this  
Zacm30

Dayz Takistan life

Im trying to join a takistan life server, I have searched for one but I get no results. Can any one tell me the IP adress for one?

Im trying to join a takistan life server, I have searched for one but I get no results. Can any one tell me the IP adress for one?

Try going to the filter option, select one of the team objectives and Takistan Life server should come up.

Its usually near the top in the server list when you put Lingor in the filter on the actual game A2CO lists.

I've played in there a few times and It has a great set of players (Except the silent non chatty ones - You know they are stone cold bean thieves)

Well as far as I've seen the Takistan region is comprised of mostly barren, empty wasteland that stretches between cities for miles and miles, not much vegetation to hide in, no hospital on the map that I know of, so death is practically unavoidable. Try to eat yourself back to health with steaks? Yeah, try to find trees to harvest wood from, and the animals to eat, good luck there, too.

In comparison I would rate the maps the following:

CHERNARUS - Mother of dayZ, has the best Zombie-apocalypse feel to it. Getting old for most players who have everything explored. The map should be bigger ^^ --> 9/10 points overall.

LINGOR - the firstborn son of dayZ, has some issues with voilence, is slightly smaller than the original, and packs a lot of vegetation to hide in. Good for the snipers... --> 6/10 points. 9/10 in PvP.

TAKISTAN - the retarded second child, diagnosed too late to effectively abort it. Endless dullness, brown-grey landscapes. You will like it if you're a fan of Afghanistan, maybe. Cannot grow drugs there to consume, which would help with the dullness -->4/10 points.

To recap, Takistan sucks. Really hard. Can't emphasize enough. I will further explore it with a few friends if they decide to ever run it again on their server...

Edited by Traveler
  • Like 1

Well as far as I've seen the Takistan region is comprised of mostly barren, empty wasteland that stretches between cities for miles and miles, not much vegetation to hide in, no hospital on the map that I know of, so death is practically unavoidable. Try to eat yourself back to health with steaks? Yeah, try to find trees to harvest wood from, and the animals to eat, good luck there, too.

In comparison I would rate the maps the following:

CHERNARUS - Mother of dayZ, has the best Zombie-apocalypse feel to it. Getting old for most players who have everything explored. The map should be bigger ^^ --> 9/10 points overall.

LINGOR - the firstborn son of dayZ, has some issues with voilence, is slightly smaller than the original, and packs a lot of vegetation to hide in. Good for the snipers... --> 6/10 points. 9/10 in PvP.

TAKISTAN - the retarded second child, diagnosed too late to effectively abort it. Endless dullness, brown-grey landscapes. You will like it if you're a fan of Afghanistan, maybe. Cannot grow drugs there to consume, which would help with the dullness -->4/10 points.

To recap, Takistan sucks. Really hard. Can't emphasize enough. I will further explore it with a few friends if they decide to ever run it again on their server...

LIngor is a fun casual map, Have not been sniped too much but it is geared to PVP with a ton of military spawns.

The original post was talking about Takistan Life, which is an insanely fun mod that is completely unrelated to Dayz. The Takistan Dayz Map is the map used on Takistan Life, and it works great in that setting (where you can harvest heroin, marijuana, coca, and lsd to sell to generate cash for your gang). You start out with money to buy vehicles and weapons and then can do a variety of missions in a multiplayer setting with very few safe zones. Tons of vehicles and guns to mess with, along with objectives and is a very fun mod but very different from Dayz. You are correct that the Takistan Dayz servers are insanely boring and dull, especially given the fact that you must run to get anywhere and the desert landscape gets old very fast when not in a vehicle.

Edit: Just read the title and apparently the OP is just being vague by calling it Dayz Takistan Life, Takistan Life is a mod running on the Takistan server and he should just call it Dayz Takistan.

Edited by Zombie Jesus