Sign in to follow this  
masrad

Probably the best suggestion ever.

Sticky this idea  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Sticky?

• Yes!
    • No!

I have seen a lot of suggestions for different skins and whatnot throughout the forums, people like being a bandit/hero, ghillie suits, blah blah. In all reality, this game is striving for realism, as we all can understand from what is going on in-game. That being said:

Bandit/Hero skins I think should be taken out for the DayZ Standalone, realism is a huge part of this suggestion, no one just turns into a bandit magically. As for skins being lootable in the world, I also don't think these should be scattered around the lootable positions. Instead, I think houses, fire stations, police stations, etc. should have remnants of everything that would be found in said establishment...

Firehouse:

Make one actually look like a firehouse, fireman's quarters, kitchen, beds, closets...firemen left behind their jacket? cool, i'll pick it up and wear it! fireman left behind his pants? awesome, ill pick it up and wear it! Oh look, there's a fire helmet, I'd like to wear that too.

Police Station:

Again, make it look like a police station...they left behind a gun with some ammo? take it...uniforms? hats? riot helmet? all lootable/wearable separately.

residents:

different shirts, pants, zombie hits you and rips a hole in your shirt, or takes the whole thing off? grab a new one from the closet. this guy has boots and a locker for his hunting gear? break the shit out of it with your hatchet/axe and get the shotguns/rifles and some ammunition. I found a handkerchief! lemme use it as a bandana, around my head, or look like a terrorist...found a shemagh in a department store? use it to look like a bandit! this guy had sunglasses too, awesome...

Other thoughts:

Look at this dumbass in reflective fireman's gear - /pew pew pew, now i can take his fire helmet/bandana/sunglasses and wear it for myself...woopeee

Please keep this thread clean of spam, and just use it if you have other thoughts to add onto mine, this is just a rough idea...maybe if it attracts enough attention it will snowball into being into the game. maybe poll to get it stickied to get some good ideas in.

• Like 2

I don't know if different outfits would provide anything truly new to the game, simply because the players who want to be the best would wear only the best camouflage gear, much like they already do, and the players who don't care about being the best wouldn't care enough about finding all the pretty clothes. This game isn't like a RPG where clothes give stat boosts, because that would be dumb. Instead, it's a realistic game, where if you want to survive you get hidden.

That being said, I would seriously enjoy some alternative camo skins, such as East German Flecktarn, or hell even Cadpat.

And that's the thing, you have airstrips, military installations, if you get lucky enough to find camouflage, you get camouflage...or if you seriously want camo you keep looking and looking.

like I said, just a rough idea...can definitely be expanded

Just to clarify you on this matter, bandit and hero skins are being removed from the mod already thus meaning they will not be in the standalone, plus your idea is also in the standalone, diff clothes etc. so unfortunately your thread is pointless and conveys no information relevant to what should be implemented as the ideas already are (Sorry mate :/)

This must be the 20th self proclamed "best idea ever!!!! " I have read, but hats off for having the cheek to call for it to be made a sticky.

Even if it was a cracking idea, Its not much use making anything a sticky, as clearly no-one reads them To quote the "please read BEFORE posting" thread (that is a sticky)

PLEASE make your THREAD SUBJECT short and *specific* like "Suggestion: More ways to make fire!"... Not "Here is a bunch of stuff I want"

As an above poster points out. The OP are not bad ideas, but there is a heap of information already released about clothing in the standalone game.