Glycerine

DayZ Weapon: AS50 TWS

My group just found this weapon in a set of 4 tents on a Chicago server. It had no ammo readily available, but we aren't even sure we should be looking for it. Is this a legit weapon in DayZ or was it scripted in?

It's legit. TWS was taken out in a new update. But if a TWS is left in a tent' date=' it will always be there. So yes it's legit...

[/quote']

I need confirmation on this.

The gun has thermal sights, any confirmation if this thing is really legit?

It's legit. TWS was taken out in a new update. But if a TWS is left in a tent' date=' it will always be there. So yes it's legit...

[/quote']

I need confirmation on this.

The gun has thermal sights, any confirmation if this thing is really legit?

not legit

It's not that simple.

Note how it says UNOFFICIAL in the upper left corner?

That means it is not official.

All snarkiness aside, the devs should really release an official list. As it is now, there is no way of knowing what you can legally pick up, but if you pick up the wrong thing you get permabanned.

TWS scopes used to be legit apparently pre patch 1.5.x ish but those weapons (and ammo) was taken out of the loot tables that spawn weapons.

So you if find it, you won't be able to use it without the required ammo as they don't spawn anymore. Just bury/destroy it ... its useless to a normal user.

Found this info via "Search" ;)

TWS scopes used to be legit apparently pre patch 1.5.x ish but those weapons (and ammo) was taken out of the loot tables that spawn weapons.

So you if find it' date=' you won't be able to use it without the required ammo as they don't spawn anymore. Just bury/destroy it ... its useless to a normal user.

Found this info via "Search" ;)

[/quote']

The ammo used in a weapon depends on the weapons' bore, not on the scope attached to the weapon.

AS50 is in, you can find ammo for it. Regardless of scope.

The L85 is still in the game and has a thermal scope.

I should know because I just found one the other day :-)

Just killed a guy on an european server with this weapon and about 12 magazines of ammo :S

1. Kill a zombie.

2. Put the AS50 TWS on the Zombie.

3. Hide the body.

This gun was wiped from the game. The only way it can be in the game is through the item being spawned. I was in the same sort of situation as you, when I actually shot someone using the weapon. I managed to get in contact with Vipeax and he instructed me to use the instructions above to dispose of the weapon.

It sucks, but that's DayZ for you :P]

Edit: Good on ya :) People like you make the game better.