Sign in to follow this  
jeme223

DayZ app?

is there a DayZ game for iOS or android? or one similar? if not, i think somebody should get on that... i think it could work rather well... sure it couldnt handle 50 man servers, and a HUGE open world witht he same graphics... but it could do 16 (or so) person servers with decent sized worlds and.... eh, graphics (but who needs that when your having hack-free fun!) anyways, just a thought... wasnt sure if this would go in suggestions or general, so i just stuck it here haha

The biggest problem with doing something like that, even with shitter graphics (even 2D style retro "pixel" graphics) is the technical limitation of a hand-held mobile device. Take even the XBOX360's inability to handle something like Minecraft... graphics aren't the issue... it's the rest of the game engine, and they processing power required for such things.

Computers (PC) are the gaming platform of true gamers... the gaming master race, as it were. It's like that, for a reason.

~Sol

The biggest problem with doing something like that, even with shitter graphics (even 2D style retro "pixel" graphics) is the technical limitation of a hand-held mobile device. Take even the XBOX360's inability to handle something like Minecraft... graphics aren't the issue... it's the rest of the game engine, and they processing power required for such things.

Computers (PC) are the gaming platform of true gamers... the gaming master race, as it were. It's like that, for a reason.

~Sol

i get that, but perhaps the next generation of windows tablets could handle it... who knows, we will see, we will see.

i get that, but perhaps the next generation of windows tablets could handle it... who knows, we will see, we will see.

No portable device will be able to do something like DayZ for a few more years to come... Within 10 years quite possibly, but not before then... not unless some fantastic new discovery is made, AND it's cheap enough to be used immediately at consumer level.

The closest thing you might get would be a heavily instanced version of a "MUD" with some really terrible graphics and shallow game play.

It's a nice thought, just not a very realistic one for today's technology.

~Sol

• Like 1

i doubt it there wont be enough memory for it

It would be cool if an app came out to track stats and maybe some other statistics when the standalone comes out.

It would be cool if an app came out to track stats and maybe some other statistics when the standalone comes out.

It would be even cooler if they just added that feature straight into the game. I'd love to know how many head shots I've gotten, how many times I've crashed the car and blown out the wheel, how many times I've been sniped by some camping loser, etc etc.

~Sol

It would be even cooler if they just added that feature straight into the game. I'd love to know how many head shots I've gotten, how many times I've crashed the car and blown out the wheel, how many times I've been sniped by some camping loser, etc etc.

~Sol

Hopefully they do add something like that in game, when the full game comes out. That would definitely be sick.