stokvis

Stuck on loading since the Takistan 1.2 update?

Hello,

I played until tonight on the Takistan server of our community without big problems.

Today I signed in and they told me to update to the 1.2 version of Takistan, so I did that.

Surprise! Very long loading time ending in 'signature check went wrong' notification appearing in the log. At least that is what they told me, because the screen still was stuck on loading for half an hour until I killed the process.

This happened over and over again, so I verified the game cache integrity and installed the mod again (and again and again).

But I am still stuck on loading, gettng tired of it. Threw the cat through my screen, what is a shame, the screen did nothing wrong. :/

Yeah I drunk some mountain dew yesterday, is this my punishment or what?

Long story short: who knows how to fix it? I will thank you with one week gratitude!

Edited by stokvis

A wild sherlock appears!

I did that already!

Am I in the private hive part of the forum or not?

If not MOD please be nice! ;)

I demand 3 weeks of gratitude.

Did you try wiping out the files then reinstalling all the Takistan stuff again? Fully delete the ones used for it then get a fresh install.

EDIT: Never mind. I missed the part about doing that over and over.

was there a new ARMA beta patch maybe?

Edited by ODoyleRulez

Yeah indeed there was. I tried it without and then with the update of ARMA.

The serveradmin told me I shouldn't rollout the ARMA-update, only the Takistan update.

I am going to try the hard way -> Reinstall the whole game and mods. :(

Thanks anyway.

Yeah indeed there was. I tried it without and then with the update of ARMA.

The serveradmin told me I shouldn't rollout the ARMA-update, only the Takistan update.

I am going to try the hard way -> Reinstall the whole game and mods. :(

Thanks anyway.

Don´t play takiztan if it´s to much hussle, i heard it sucked (but i don´t know) and Stand alone version will be out before we know it! :D

It doesn't suck, it's great.

But that is my opinion.

Only the scripters are annoying from time to time and the ragequiters. But yeah nothing new about that. ;)

The standalone will be released before Christmas so we have some months to go.

Edited by stokvis

F*cking great!

Now after validating the files I get Bad serial number given in Setup.

Downgrade to 1.1 fixed the problem. Can't play on my favorite server but I can play.

found this:

SOLVED!

Its a serverside problem with the -maxmem 2048 command. Serveradmins: remove it and all will be fine!

alter a week of trying everything. i solved it (for me and my server)! seems that some people have problems with the bigger package size. remove the -maxmem 2048 command from server start parameters and set it in the arma2.cfg back to 1400 and your server will be run fine. way less battleye client not responding kicks and the signature check timed out is completly gone.

if u are not the admin of the server try to contact him. link him this threat. if they have questions contact me.

have fun with Dayz again!

in here http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91577-stuck-on-loading-screen/

Haven't tried it yet, asked server admin to do that change. We shall see.

found this:

in here http://dayzmod.com/f...loading-screen/

Haven't tried it yet, asked server admin to do that change. We shall see.

I can confirm a server running chernarus and another running lingor had MAJOR performance improvement by removing thoose lines in the .bat

You can infact remove maxcpu and exthreads aswell, as arma will figure it out by it self after patch 1.62 :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I can confirm a server running chernarus and another running lingor had MAJOR performance improvement by removing thoose lines in the .bat

You can infact remove maxcpu and exthreads aswell, as arma will figure it out by it self after patch 1.62 :)

Thx for confirmation. Hopefully server admin will remove it.

Can you tell me where these files are located? Since I had an argument with the admin of the server about the location of these files. Turns out he's right, we can't find them.

Server is playing Takistan.

Can you tell me where these files are located? Since I had an argument with the admin of the server about the location of these files. Turns out he's right, we can't find them.

Server is playing Takistan.

I don't know dude. It should be "arma2.cfg" but not sure .... I have never set up server, so don't know.

I have been talking about this to group mate who owns our private server and he told me that editing config files for server is not allowed for him, because admins used to abuse it.

Yesterday I saw more people being kicked by battleye because of time-out issue. I hope Dayz/Arma/Battleye taem are looking in to this issue now.

I don't know dude. It should be "arma2.cfg" but not sure .... I have never set up server, so don't know.

I have been talking about this to group mate who owns our private server and he told me that editing config files for server is not allowed for him, because admins used to abuse it.

Yesterday I saw more people being kicked by battleye because of time-out issue. I hope Dayz/Arma/Battleye taem are looking in to this issue now.

Its the actual .bat file you use to start the server or your game you need to edit mate.

At least if we are still talking about maxmemory, cpucount and all that stuff.

Edited by Byrgesen

That's what I mean indeed. Can't find a .bat file.

The only file what looks like something I can add this stuff too is basic.cfg, but I don't think it is the right file is it?

This m*therf*xing worked for me! How the ...

Follow the exact instructions.

Did try this before but didn't work then?

Ok I found a fix for this.

What I did:

Go into your steam library, right click Arma 2 go to properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity, wait till it completes.

Do the same thing for Operation Arrowhead

Launch both games again like you did when you first installed to the main menu screen then you can exit

then right click OA again and launch combined operations to relink the games

then after your done with all that (doesn't take long)

you should be able to launch dayz again and join servers.

Worked for me

After reinstall of the whole pc still got the problem.

And the host dare to say I didn't install it right. :thumbsup:

I got the same problem as you, and I used dayz commander to install. I could play for a good 20 minutes, then I got kicked and after that I was stuck on loading.

Pretty weird.