Sign in to follow this  
mikyjax

Low humanity --> gun on respawn

i think doing the following would greatly improve the current bandit situation.

1. Bring back the bandit skin

2. bandits start with no weapon

3. each time you die with negative humanity you gain 500 humantiy back to a total of 2500

I have a slightly more drastic idea, that comes from the other side, but I think it fits perfectly here:

People who have zero murders when they die dont fit my overly competetive worldview and my presumptions about what is realistic and those people couldnt exist, so if you die with zero murders you should start with a rifle and then an automatic sniper-rifle and night-vision goggles on the third time and if you still dont manage to murder someone youre clearly playing this all wrong and should be simply banned from all servers or the game should be made as painful to play for you as possible.

Another idea would be that people who play friendly who are clearly coming off pretty bad with this playstyle should have that reflected on respawn, so they should start bleading first, then bleeding with a broken leg and so on.

We could also rename the respawn-button to "are you playing as I command you to yet"-Button Because Im pretty sure there is NOONE who is palying this for the simulationist aspect of the game and the open playstyle.

Sorry if this came of strong, but this topic is tickling my Dictatorship-Nerve. Also Im pretty sure the no-weapons idea comes from the realism camp, so this is like turning it exactly on its head.

I'm very confused at why bandits need to be recognized. Let's think for a moment about real life situations in a zombie survival world' date=' as best as we can. Would a bandit be instantly recognizable? No, they could have traces of murders, such as blood on them, but that would not be suspicious, as it could be the zombies blood. I understand that's annoying for people, never knowing who's good and who's bad, but we have to understand this is an attempt at the most life-like zombie survival, not Left 4 Dead.

[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is that we are so handicapped as to player recognition that we NEED a way to be able to differentiate people. In real life, we have visual cues, instead of everyone looking exactly the same. In real life, we have the ability to read body language and eye movements. In real life, we have an extremely powerful super-computer in our minds that read barely noticable clues and give us a "bad feeling" about someone or a situation.

Since none of that works in a game (maybe like 30 years from now or something it will), we need a game mechanic to help us out. This is an elegant solution.

An elegant solution is to give the friendly people a starting weapon?

I'm very confused at why bandits need to be recognized. Let's think for a moment about real life situations in a zombie survival world' date=' as best as we can. Would a bandit be instantly recognizable? No, they could have traces of murders, such as blood on them, but that would not be suspicious, as it could be the zombies blood. I understand that's annoying for people, never knowing who's good and who's bad, but we have to understand this is an attempt at the most life-like zombie survival, not Left 4 Dead.

[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is that we are so handicapped as to player recognition that we NEED a way to be able to differentiate people. In real life, we have visual cues, instead of everyone looking exactly the same. In real life, we have the ability to read body language and eye movements. In real life, we have an extremely powerful super-computer in our minds that read barely noticable clues and give us a "bad feeling" about someone or a situation.

Since none of that works in a game (maybe like 30 years from now or something it will), we need a game mechanic to help us out. This is an elegant solution.