Sign in to follow this  
scoffield77@gmail.com

Armor/Planes/Mortars/HMG for standalone

And I'm saying just because the game sole purpose isn't about military tactics.. does that make it irrelevant? The answer is no, There will be clans, there will be firefights, there should be ways to get an advantage far pass the ol Ak vs M16 debate.

Just cause the game is about survival, doesn't make other real life aspects irrelevant.

Sorry, but there needs to be a cutoff somewhere, and what you're suggesting is the wrong side of the line for the majority of folks (as evidenced by this thread). At the risk of speaking for others, it seems that folks don't want the survival/military battle sim you're proposing - they want a survival game.

In all honesty, I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen battles where both sides have more than 2 people, so I don't really see too many opportunities where battles would be large enough to even facilitate the situation your idea is catering for.

Perhaps Wasteland would be more your thing if you're looking for a military sim with survival elements.

Edit: my apologies, your above post clarifies your position somewhat, and I'm on my phone, so detailed editing is a pain. Just take my above post with a dash of salt. :)

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 1

And I'm saying just because the game sole purpose isn't about military tactics.. does that make it irrelevant? The answer is no, There will be clans, there will be firefights, there should be ways to get an advantage far pass the ol Ak vs M16 debate.

Just cause the game is about survival, doesn't make other real life aspects irrelevant.

Sure it does, it's not like every village is gonna have heavy artillery hidden behind their walls to shoot the other town with or do they...? Guys like you always think about the possibilities of waging war and completely ignoring the 99% alternative ways of survival in DayZ.

Edited by Enforcer

Sure it does, it's not like every village is gonna have heavy artillery hidden behind their walls to shoot the other town with or do they...? Guys like you always think about the possibilities of waging war and completely ignoring the 99% alternative ways of survival in DayZ.

like I said, I'm not asking for battalions of tanks, planes, Heavy Machine guns and Mortar crews. This post right here proves that ya'll have no idea what i'm asking for. I do not want Hawitzers or Abrams, or anything like that. I understand that it would be OP and kill the game. But you can't get that in your head.. You act like I want 10,000 "heavy Artillery" cannons in each damn town. Apache heli flying over and Abrams shooting it out. Deh

But there are military bases in game. There are military zombies... there are military aspects of the game you can't hide from that. To say that there would be no armored vehicles, HMG, or mortars on map is a big bag of silly because authentically you could find them at the FOBs placed in map and at the barracks already in game. etc. etc. etc.

If you want only survival.. I think they should just remove all guns, maybe try minecraft?

It's like you see someone say 'tank' and you see red with BF CoD titles popping up. no one is asking for that.

Edited by Bullfrog

like I said, I'm not asking for battalions of tanks, planes, Heavy Machine guns and Mortar crews. This post right here proves that ya'll have no idea what i'm asking for. I do not want Hawitzers or Abrams, or anything like that. I understand that it would be OP and kill the game. But you can't get that in your head.. You act like I want 10,000 "heavy Artillery" cannons in each damn town. Apache heli flying over and Abrams shooting it out. Deh

But there are military bases in game. There are military zombies... there are military aspects of the game you can't hide from that. To say that there would be no armored vehicles, HMG, or mortars on map is a big bag of silly because authentically you could find them at the FOBs placed in map and at the barracks already in game. etc. etc. etc.

If you want only survival.. I think they should just remove all guns, maybe try minecraft?

It's like you see someone say 'tank' and you see red with BF CoD titles popping up. no one is asking for that.

It's not about the authenticity of being able to find an armored vehicle on the map, it's about the pure dominance a single BDRM would have over every other player on the map; and if you add something to counteract it, all you do is further the disruption of balance. No matter how much you argue realism is essential to DayZ, at some point you will have to suspend belief and understand that it's a game, and it needs balance.

Currently, most people's goals are to find an anti-material sniper rifle and start capping people. The survival element is completely lost on everybody except the newest players. You're suggesting we go in the opposite direction to fix the problem; to extend the end-game even farther away from the core intent of DayZ.

YES ADD MORTARS SO YOU CAN BOMB CHERNO FROM A KILOMETER AWAY YAYAYYYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

You have to remember survivors are just normal citizens. I highly doubt the average person could correctly shoot mortars or fly an old WWII-era plane.

It would be neat to have these things around the map, just inaccessible to players.

well then I've completely misunderstood the point of the suggestion thread.

And would you know how to operate BRDM in real life ? :D or fly a plane ? :lol: just please . We want more realism in the game not less of it . Even the heli is a bit off course .