heliman (DayZ)

Counter sniper measures

Taken directly from wikipedia,

The 'sniper detector' system, named Boomerang, was developed through the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and can determine the bullet type, trajectory, and point of fire of unknown shooter locations. The system uses microphone sensors to detect both the muzzle blast and the sonic shock wave that emanate from a high-speed bullet. Sensors detect, classify, localize and display the results on a map immediately after the shot.

How about having some of these in game probably you could set them up around hot spots or on your vehicle.

Hah no, we're in a Chernorussian state that shouldn't have half of the shit it already does.

My favorite counter sniper measure? A bullet to the face.

• Like 3

Hell why not make everyone run around with GPS trackers on so we can see everyone on the map, call in friendly AC 10, and drones....EMP grenades, frags, and flashbangs. Then there could be robots and airstrikes...wait no this is DAYZ NOT COD!!!!!

• Like 1

more along the lines: this is dayz not arma 2.

The idea behind dayz is that it should be more civilian with subtle hints of rare military grade stuff. The fact that everyone and their mother has an AS50 TWS with a full toolbelt is not how the game was supposed to be. In standalone it will be mostly shotguns/winchesters/enfields/civilian weapons, most common but still scarce military wep will prob be the AK.

I think sniper rifles should be taken out of the game. Keep the CZ550. I mean hunting rifles would be the most common rifles found not all these weapons.

the military will have many weapons in the armoury which can be up to 3 feet of reinforced steel and many other durable metals

Sniper rifles should be there, but further reduced spawn rate either for the rifle or if not possible for the ammo.

Also the l85 thermal is a counter sniper weapon.

Edited by MLI

I think the velocity of all the 5.56 weapons is so unrealistic. I mean to shoot someone 400m away with an L85 you have to aim about 5 or 6mm in front of them. that is total rubbish

Counter Sniper? AS50 TWS... You'd be lucky if you can find one... They don't spawn anymore.

Counter Sniper? AS50 TWS... You'd be lucky if you can find one... They don't spawn anymore.

not lucky. all u have to do is kill one of the 60000 hackers out there who spawn all these kinds of weapons in. but you will lose it soon after because the hacker will teleport behind you and shoot you a few mins later

Sniper rifles should be there, but further reduced spawn rate either for the rifle or if not possible for the ammo.

Also the l85 thermal is a counter sniper weapon.

L85 thermal is mostly used by sniper teams as a spotter weapon and the weapons accuracy is terrible at long ranges.

The Boomerang probably would need calibration to properly detect where and what weapons are going off, so there would be a learning curve towards this particular tool so as to not make it really easy for everyone to spot locations.

L85 thermal is mostly used by sniper teams as a spotter weapon and the weapons accuracy is terrible at long ranges.

The Boomerang probably would need calibration to properly detect where and what weapons are going off, so there would be a learning curve towards this particular tool so as to not make it really easy for everyone to spot locations.

I know I meant as a means of detecting snipers, not actual anti sniper weapon to shoot at long ranges.

Similar anti sniper to the boomerang could be the SOVA.

Link: http://www.sniperflashcards.com/plamya_owl.php

Speaking of boomerangs, why don't we just implement one of them into the game?

The stick boomerang, if so its been suggested.

Yeah, I have a TWS in one of my Tents too. but im not using it because im not a Sniper. I like real Fights. So i use the M4 Holo SD i grabbed of a Dead Hackers Body together with his PDW-SD and his Radio. WTF is wrong with those Fu**** Hacker noobs? why is it fun to destroy such good ideas of a game and the fun it makes to play? By the way how do u guys think about using hacked weapons? because im not sure if i should use them in awarenes of getting global banned.

Again OP that got bullet to his face cuz he was sprinting across the field/cherno/elektro, not bothering?

You cant get globally banned of hacked weapons, only from server admin if so.

Edited by Zeppa

Again OP that got bullet to his face cuz he was sprinting across the field/cherno/elektro, not bothering?

You are scared about these coming into the game cause you are sniper camper who can't stand losing all his gear but will willfully engage all fresh spawns for the lols.

You are scared about these coming into the game cause you are sniper camper who can't stand losing all his gear but will willfully engage all fresh spawns for the lols.

Not really, I run with M14 and I dont shoot freshspawns.

Edited by Zeppa

question why are you shooting players? do you shoot them because you need food or a drink? you know you can get plenty of food and drink in any town which will last you a very long time.

or are you killing players for a kill count? would you do that in real life?

Chernarus shouldn't have half of the shit it already does.

Oh look another fucking knobhead who never played ArmA 2 at all.

• Like 1