Sign in to follow this  
gambles

The 1 thing you need from the DayZ Standalone.

Well with the DayZ standalone now on the horizon and set to be released sometime this year. I have read lots of suggestions from people on what they want to see added to the game.

I'm just wondering what most peoples "1 thing that needs to be added" is.

For me it is by far the spawning of the zombies. Which I have heard little on so far. At the moment zombies spawn when you get close and after you kill them more spawn right where those same zombies spawned from usually. Sometimes they even bug out and spawn infinitely.

I'm not exactly sure what the best course of action to take would be. But I would like to see at the very least the timers be put down to something reasonable so you feel like you have accomplished a bit in taking out a few zeds before the next horde that heard you moves in.

Ideally I guess it would be cool if you took them out silently, like from a distance with the sniper rifle or with a melee weapon that zombies wouldn't spawn again until you made a racket or started firing off your gun in the town. If this was to be implemented though I would really like to see zombies become more dangerous in that they hit harder, but not with some cheap broken mechanic that breaks your leg or causes you to insta-bleed every second hit.

Edit: Maybe the timer could be set down on the spawns but the longer you stay in the city the bigger the wave of each spawn becomes, like you are attracting more and more infected.

I just feel as if most of the time now the best course of action is not to sneak in past the zombies, or kill them from a distance. Basically the best thing you can do is run through them and loot then run out and lose them in the trees. Which seems like something I would NEVER do in a zombie apocalypse for fear of my life, unfortunately it is the best way to go about it.

What are your thoughts?

What is the 1 thing you need to see changed/added to the DayZ standalone?

(Stopping the hacking doesn't count, we all need that ;))

Edited by Gambles
  • Like 4

a way, that doesn't fuck servers, that means you can't tell if people are present purely by the fact of whether there are zombies about or not.

• Like 1

a way, that doesn't fuck servers, that means you can't tell if people are present purely by the fact of whether there are zombies about or not.

It does kind of suck entering a city and knowing that any sniper 200+ meters out knows that you are in there, without question.

Reduce zombie walking speed, but give them the ability to grab onto passing survivors and drag them down.

• Like 5

Reduce zombie walking speed, but give them the ability to grab onto passing survivors and drag them down.

That's a really neat idea and I have no idea why I have never heard it before...

Less High Powered Rifles but then again More weapons in general.

Oh, and a larger map with more vehicles, but some sort of system to prevent vehicle hoarding.

And something to prevent Server Hopping/Combat Logging.

That's a really neat idea and I have no idea why I have never heard it before...

Not a coop zombie killer. I don't think the zombies need any special moves.

Not a coop zombie killer. I don't think the zombies need any special moves.

I dunno I wouldn't put it in the category of special moves, more or less just what you would expect any zombie/infected to do to you. Not punch you but latch on and not let go. Like the monster they are :P.

• Like 1

I dunno I wouldn't put it in the category of special moves, more or less just what you would expect any zombie/infected to do to you. Not punch you but latch on and not let go. Like the monster they are :P.

Maybe the crawling ones if they are able to get close but as it is the zombies got the two moves called "every time I hit you I make you bleed" and "I'm gonna break your legs and knock you out on the second hit".

• Like 1

Maybe the crawling ones if they are able to get close but as it is the zombies got the two moves called "every time I hit you I make you bleed" and "I'm gonna break your legs and knock you out on the second hit".

Hahaha true enough good sir, true enough.

Fewer Resources.

Rare Ammo, Rare Fuel, Rare Food, Rare Drinks...

So that you are thankful for every bullet, every drop of fuel and every bean can you find.

To make it a fight for Survival, not a fight for the best gear.

On the other Side, Vehicles should be more common.

And More Melee Weapons, Homemade Weapons + Unarmed Combat.

• Like 3

More sand in the box. I really hope by the time it is in the final release there will be more to stuff to impact the world around us.

• Like 1

Deeper character customization. It may not mean much to some, but having a customizable character (customize your civilian clothing, possibly customize your other skins somehow)

Feeling like the character is your own guy instead of another bastard with a ballcap and the same clothing as everyone else is extremely important in my mind.

• Like 2

More sand in the box. I really hope by the time it is in the final release there will be more to stuff to impact the world around us.

Yup more sand in the box would definitely add to the games longevity. Which also seems to be one of Rockets main concerns as he wants to introduce an underground base system which would mean near limitless possibilities for communities in game. Everything from rival clan wars to opening up your underground base to the populace. One change I am definitely excited for.

Edited by Gambles

Deeper character customization. It may not mean much to some, but having a customizable character (customize your civilian clothing, possibly customize your other skins somehow)

Feeling like the character is your own guy instead of another bastard with a ballcap and the same clothing as everyone else is extremely important in my mind.

I'm with you on that, more customization really helps me 'care' more about my character. Would also add a lot of depth to meeting people who didn't look exactly the same as you.

I'd even go a step further and add some kind of Skill System, so you can customize your character even more, depending on your playstyle (Medic, Mechanic, Allrounder, Hunter ... )

I'm with you on that, more customization really helps me 'care' more about my character. Would also add a lot of depth to meeting people who didn't look exactly the same as you.

This would help when working as a group, nothing like bumping into other players and not knowing who is who when the shooting starts!

I would like to see large maps, more players and more zombies/infected.

Edited by DeadShaun

numbers of zombies in proportion to the size of the city. one just shouldn't be able to breeze through cherno or elektro. it should be a suicide mission.

also, more items. not weapons so to speak (although a variety of melee weapons is sorely needed), but just more items that could influence how you end up surviving-

ex. fishing poles, shovels (to bury items), a better food system where you would need a can opener, or have to boil water, or food items that might go bad, items to make barricades (hammer n nails n wood) etc... maybe rope to suspend a backpack in the air in a forest...

in a sandbox, more items that can alter the environment the better. of course, spawn rates of said items are a different matter altogether.

• Like 1

I'd even go a step further and add some kind of Skill System, so you can customize your character even more, depending on your playstyle (Medic, Mechanic, Allrounder, Hunter ... )

Never. Everyone needs the same skill set. No leveling, tree's, points, perks, nothing that gives an advantage other then experience over a fresh spawn compared to a veteran. That is one key feature to DayZ, or at least I think so.

• Like 2

numbers of zombies in proportion to the size of the city. one just shouldn't be able to breeze through cherno or elektro. it should be a suicide mission.

Exactly, at the same time though I don't think deer stands and tiny little villages should endlessly spawn zombies. It works both ways I guess, but good idea.