Sign in to follow this  
The L!ne

Add Lingor Island in the South

Hi Guys,

I have an idea in my mind for some weeks now: why don't we add Lingor Island to the Chernarus-map in the South. It would make some sense (maybe rename the Cities and stuff) and would force to use Helicopters/boats to get to the new Island. So the boats would make much more use and helicopters become ever more powerful.

What do you think about the idea? Add Lingor Islandin some kind to chernarus-south-end.

AS interesting as Lingor Island might be, in my opinion it just simply doesn't catch the post apocalyptic feel quite as good as Chernarus does. So, no I wouldn't like that.

Besides, no it wouldn't make sense, Lingor Island is a tropical climate. That being off the coast of Chernarus with its mild climate would be simply idiotic.

While I agree that the maps should be bigger and maybe there should even be a possibility of multiple maps on one server with some sort of transitioning between them, it should make at least some sense and not be just implemented without putting much thought into it.

• Like 4

Adding to the Chernarus map would sound interesting though. Transitioning from one map to another would break the game in a sense that how would you be starting on the new map.

I don't think it's common to find Jungles in that type of climate. It'd just be weird. Utes would work perfectly though.

okay maybe the climate is not fitting chernarus, but i have to say: there are tropical islands even in mild climates. (look into GB, there are some islands with palms on it)

So maybe add some kind of big Island (similar to Lingor but with other flora) to the south?

lingor is tropical so it would not make sense and it would require too much work

and GB or great britain i presume you mean is not russia russia has no palm trees and GB most likely has artificial palm trees

• Like 1

there are real palms on the isle of man (maybe google it) so i dont think it is so unrealistic to get an tropical island next to a quite cold continent.

but maybe reread my post before? i already suggested to change the flora.

Add Utes off the coast near Chernogorsk. That'd be good for starters.

This.

But i don't think it should be for starters, it's too dangerous to be in a small island full of people.

I see it more as a place for skilled players with a boat.

I would like to see some big island and some smaller around. Maybe something like a military camp containing some houses where the soldiers could have lived and some other areas. So I hope the Devs could manage that ;)

• Like 1