Sign in to follow this  
{MILKMAN}Razor

What is the longest amount of time your character has survived for?

I want to find out how long people's characters have survived for :D

Post a screenshot if you've got one :)

My character has survived for 42 days so far (as of 14/09/2012).

Screenshot coming soon!

No point asking this. The only reason people stay alive as long as you do it because you play on low pop servers and don't pvp. or you log in once a week. Staying alive means absolutely nothing in this game due to those facts. I could go log in now, and take a month break and say i've been alive for 30 days.

• Like 3

111 days, but i was away for about 5 weeks+ and also my average game-time is 2/3 hours a night. So you could login play 2 hour and come back 60 days later???, its not a good indicator of how long your charactor is surviving............

@Ajvkorn you just beat me... Have some :beans:

Edited by Maca
  • Like 1

No point asking this. The only reason people stay alive as long as you do it because you play on low pop servers and don't pvp. or you log in once a week. Staying alive means absolutely nothing in this game due to those facts. I could go log in now, and take a month break and say i've been alive for 30 days.

basically this

And the main reason people can't stay alive long is scripters. Even if you do pvp and such, eventually you will get scripted. Don't say you don't get scripted, because you will jinx it!!!

I respect your argument, but i never play on a server that has less than 30 people, it just takes the thrill away if you know that there is one other person on the server that is no where near you and couldn't possibly kill you. I also play every day, well mostly every day, 5 - 7 days a week, for at least 5-7 hours a day. I always PvP, if i come across someone and they aren't friendly, shoot them in the face and move on. Right now my murder count is up to 61, but that doesn't mean i don't give them a chance :)

I'd say about 25 days(I cant remember exactly), and I was probably away for about 7 of those. So..eh..18 days?

And I usually try to stay on low to mid-population servers. Not because I hate contact with other players(its an interesting and essential element to the game) but because I -dont- want to get scripted(and that chance skyrockets the more players there are on the servers) and because it would be nice to find a vehichle once in a while. Good luck with either on a max-pop server.

Oh, and yes, number of days survived isnt really an indicator of survival skills, as earlier replies mentioned.

Oh, and yes, number of days survived isnt really an indicator of survival skills, as earlier replies mentioned.

I agree that it doesn't show survival skills, i just want to know how long people have survived for :)

I hit around 30 something days when I first started playing, all on the same high pop server, at least 6 hours a day, because I can. Spent most of my time inna woods up north though. Only shot at people if I needed to, if they didn't spot me I'd let them go on their merry way.

Longest was 6 days when I first started out, all low pop servers, hiding out in the woods with shitty assed gear since I didn't want to get KoS. I was missing out on 90% of what the game had to offer. After 2-3 weeks I learned not to get attached to my gear I decided to actually play the game and not sit there bored shitless.

Now - I die every day, probably between 4-6 times a day because I actually have fun, raid places, sweep for camps in the usual spots, try to meet random people, try to help newbies, go and raid for spares of newbie gear so if someone dies we can give them essentials like a map and matches as soon as possible.

I improve my map knowledge to make me a better asset to my team (I don't kill in DayZ so I need to make myself useful as medic, spotter, analyst, potential camp locations, guessing enemys intended locations if we spot a vehicle driving away in the distance) If I havn't been to an area I make a point in going there and exploring.

So yeah, dying twice a day would be classed as a good day for me :)

One of those deaths per day is normally from a hacker of some description, I have trouble believing people can stay alive so long without encountering one on high pop servers.

Edited by AnnieGYG

currently the ongest ive been alive is 5 days. i used to get bored and die daily, but now i've teamed up with some clanmates and we're having a blast exploring up north

Not to mention playing 24 hours straight = 1 day and playing 1 second = 1day.

It's way more fun just running around like a lunatic I've had many characters last many different amount of days sometimes I'll have 5 in the one session other times I'll have a guy for 20 or 30 days and then die and go beserk and I'll have 4 or 5 again in the one day it's always up and down but the main thing is how many people you play with on a server quite server long character busy server many short characters= way more fun , 37 days is my longest guy 3 mins is my shortest . A good friend of mine lost a 54 day avatar to a hacker/scripter after that happened I never wanted and old avatar again it's way to painful losing something like that .

• Like 1

Been alive for 210 days.  I wasn't online much during the 1.7 patch days since the duping kind of ruined the game for me and so did not being able to place Tents anywhere useful.  So began gaming hardcore again once 1.8 fixed everything, but still going strong, it's not hard to survive for a long time and not die if you're geared up the arse and don't travel to the major cities and stay cautious.

I know I got a few characters on private servers that are over 500 days old.  The way the days are counted its a useless stat.

Edited by AtomQuark
  • Like 1

The one I currently have is 200 or a little older on Vanilla.  But I don't get to play much so it's not terribly representative.

5 days. But I play on servers that have good mixes of heros and bandits. Missions and such.

Oh. And my base and building it have killed me more I think than bandits have lol.