yarex

Reward point system for killing

This is for dayz standalone:

My idea is to implement point reward system - different kind of points for killing bandits,

killing heroes (or normal players) and killing zombies.

Those points then could be use to do "shopping" "class" items or used in some kind of crafting system that would create

special weapon / item parts for each class.

Other way to use those points would be to improve some sort of person stats - like in RPG.

(the more experienced you are, the better you can become - of course only until you die)

REVISED: -> based on comments it would be unrealistic. My point was to give killing zombies some sort of purpose. Maybe liberation, because respawning zombies after kill is not realistic aswell.

What about if player is killed by zombie, would not die, but turn into one and became human again only when would kill some other

human?

Edited by yarex

This is no regulat MMORPG, so no.

And use search, it has been suggested.

Rocket has said himself that he doesn't want to add a form of currency to the game.

That said, this isn't an RPG, it's meant to be more realistic than fantasy-based.

However, on the case of improving stats, I think if something such as that were to be implemented, that it could be something along the lines of if you gut 100 animals (Yes, it's an absurd number for a reason), you have a better chance of getting more meat from some. For instance, if you have the improved butchering capability, and you kill a goat, you may get 5 meat instead of the regular 3 since you are experienced in doing so, and won't waste any. For a cow you can get a 12 or more instead of the normal 6-8 (I've seen a cow drop 12 pieces of meat before, once), etc.

Anything more involved than this would take away from the realism that is DayZ.

This is for dayz standalone:

My idea is to implement point reward system - different kind of points for killing bandits,

killing heroes (or normal players) and killing zombies.

Those points then could be use to do "shopping" "class" items or used in some kind of crafting system that would create

special weapon / item parts for each class.

Other way to use those points would be to improve some sort of person stats - like in RPG.

(the more experienced you are, the better you can become - of course only until you die)

Does the word, REALISM mean anything to you?

You are right, it would not be realistic, however would be nice to see some sort of reward system for killing those zombies.

If not, then some idea that would "liberate" cities from zombies for some time rather then artificially spawn zombies again after time,

because that is not realistic aswell.

Edited by yarex

Well, the fact is that rocket wants to add some sort of goal, an end-game. As to what that may be, or how you would go about doing it, we do not know yet - I'm not even sure Rocket knows yet.

However, talent points aren't the way to go.

As per your comment on the zombies respawning, that is indeed unrealistic, but is a core element of the game to make it a GAME. Same with players respawning. That wouldn't happen. But if you could only play the game once, it wouldn't be very fun, would it? Likewise with the zombies. if you have a constantly full 50 person server, chances are there will be NO zombies in cherno or elektro ever due to the traffic there. In order to keep it fluid, and keep it a game instead of a running simulator, the respawning is necessary.

I think Bandits should experience mind bending, pants wetting nightmare scenes when they need them least. Kind of like your subconsious pulling you into line, and a bit of payback for needless murders, maybe a disincentive for doing so. After all being a bandit is the easy option, you just shoot on sight. Surviving requires Quick decisions and deserves the reward if any.