DefecusMaximus

I hear flies but see no body.

So when I come across the sound of flies but I can't find a body nearby does that mean the body was hidden with the "hide body" on the left hand side menu? Can bodies be hidden anywhere, even in concrete?

* Bonus noob question: why are hatchets so hard to pickup? Can't tell you how many times I got clobbered trying to pick one up with zombies closing in. Took me a few lives too before I figured out you have to reload the hatchet before you can swing it!

1.a. The fly sound can bug after you hide a body. It'll fix itself on server restart.

1.b. Those who disconnect when they get killed will have their bodies auto-hidden, which most likely also bugs the sound.

1.c. There can be a mass-grave nearby.

2. Hatchets have a very small model, and the aiming is a little tricky. Best you can do is try to get it in first-person

Often I have got excited upon hearing flies to see what I can loot from the dead player, only not to find the body anywhere. I've wondered weather this is because a player hid the body or it is due to some kind of bug or glitch. It is a bit anti climactic when it happens lol.

If there's one thing I think should be removed from the standalone it's the ability to hide bodies - it's unrealistic and i find a poor game mechanic. But instead you should be able to drag, move bodies, I just hate how suddenly a body with all my gear disappears into the earth and you can spend minutes running around listening to the flies.

Edited by Cherno Journo

So when I come across the sound of flies but I can't find a body

Maybe you stood in dog shit?

• Like 2