zoso51

More Practical Updates

No offense or anything but I really hate hardly ever being able to play a mod I bought a $30 game for. Instead of worrying about stupid and irrelevant possible updates like removing barbed wire, why cant more effort be put into making the mod more stable and accessible. Joining servers is a damn chore.

p.s. Please help or tell me something I dont know regarding the issue and finding a solution

Edited by zoso51

No offense or anything but I really hate hardly ever being able to play a mod I bought a $30 game for. Instead of worrying about stupid and irrelevant possible updates like removing barbed wire, why cant more effort be put into making the mod more stable and accessible. Joining servers is a damn chore.

p.s. Please help or tell me something I dont know regarding the issue and finding a solution

You paid NOTHING for DayZ. As well as beggars can't be choosers, freeloaders can't complain.

At this point, practical updates can be forgotten, the standalone will (and should) take most of the devs time and resources.

I'm expecting the mod support to be relegated to a third party some time soon. Some small team that will be able to continue fixing DayZ and bringing in new content whilst leaving Rocket&Co time to work on the SA.

EDIT:

Also, switch to DayZ Commander.

Edited by Axelord FTW

You paid NOTHING for DayZ. As well as beggars can't be choosers, freeloaders can't complain.

At this point, practical updates can be forgotten, the standalone will (and should) take most of the devs time and resources.

I'm expecting the mod support to be relegated to a third party some time soon. Some small team that will be able to continue fixing DayZ and bringing in new content whilst leaving Rocket&Co time to work on the SA.

but I did pay for arma so what I'm saying is that they should be somewhat considerate by focusing on the more important things as by seeing that me and many others have spent our money on arma, dayz would be nothing without us. But hopefully they do go through with the "stand alone" plan or we all just go play warz

You are playing a mod during the testing phase. If your looking for a more complete/stable/feature rich experience I suggest waiting for the finished game.

I think DayZ was an experiment, a successful one at that, and you have to keep in mind that the mod is still in ALPHA. No new mod will be produced, as the standalone is being produced as we speak. Minor mod updates will occur but until the standalone is released, sit tight and wait. There's no point in creating another stable mod until the standalone is out and they have time for it.

hardly ever being able to play a mod I bought a $30 game for

lol, that makes me laugh so hard each time someone gets on these forums and posts something like this. It's your own god damned fault. Buying a game for a MOD and expecting it to be free of bugs and completly accessible is just idiotic, sorry.

But hopefully they do go through with the "stand alone" plan or we all just go play warz

Just got to WarZ please, we'd be well rid of you Sir.

No offense or anything but I really hate hardly ever being able to play a mod I bought a $30 game for. Instead of worrying about stupid and irrelevant possible updates like removing barbed wire, why cant more effort be put into making the mod more stable and accessible. Joining servers is a @#!*% chore.

They can't make the mod anymore stable. I'm serious.

Wait for it. You will be paying another 20, this time for DayZ only. This christmas.

lol, that makes me laugh so hard each time someone gets on these forums and posts something like this. It's your own god damned fault. Buying a game for a MOD and expecting it to be free of bugs and completly accessible is just idiotic, sorry.

Just got to WarZ please, we'd be well rid of you Sir.

well "sir", like you're some fucking dayz oracle... all I'm asking is to play the "god damned" mod at all, yeah a glitch here and there and some other stuff is acceptable, but not being able to ever play is stupid. Ive probably been dealing and playing this game longer than you have anyways...