Sign in to follow this  
narsil1

Is there a way to permanently destroy tents?

Hi.

I was wondering if there was any way to destroy/remove tents so they don't respawn after server restart.

My squad and I made a little camp and as we were testing just to see if we were going to be able to pitch tents, we made a few on open ground and then went on to place them in a treeline.

The problem is these "test" tents respawn after server restarts and its quite annoying since they are out in the open so people could stumble upon them and then see our tents with gear.

Those test tents weren't even saved when we made them and still they reappear on server retarts.

We tried to pack them, run them over with Ural but had no luck.

Is there a way to remove them or do we have to move our camp in order to keep it safe?

No. You can make them despawn by not interacting with them for seven days, but I think the person who set them has to die in the intervening period.

Edited by sp86

I thought they despawned after being flattened since the last patch?

Or at least that happened to me?

Can anyone confirm?

Not sure about that Caine, mine haven't ever since the server I play on updated to the last version.

Have you actually confirmed this?

I had two tents flattened by someone, and today after a scheduled server restart they were back, with everything in them. So, from my own experience flattening tents is not a sure way to get rid of them.

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

Then the tents are scripted into the server files either by the admin or you having them there for a period of time saved. Tents that aren't scripted can and will be destroyed using explosives, or vehicles.

Edited by killswitch^1shot