Sign in to follow this  
dakilla187

Swimming in the sea

So whats worst, taking away the respawn button or letting your players literally swim for 3 hours wasting electricity running the pc to play a game...

Wtf can I do, a hacker literally cost me over 3 hours of time, ive got a rock on my W key

Im PIsSed

find a night server, start losing blood from heat loss. Alt-Tab, internet fun for hoursssss!

This is what the skiddies dont get. They arnt just griefing you, they are steeling your *TIME* weather it be forcing you to do a swim like this, or the hours and hours you had into your char before they script killed you.

There needs to be a suicide option. Especially if you are carrying a firearm. You should be able to use it to shoot yourself in the head. You could do that even swimming. Or, you should be able to drown yourself. It's not realistic that you can lay prone under water indefinitely, and that you cannot dive. From what I understand, diving is added to the Arma3 engine. I wonder if it could be added to the arma2 (soon to be dayz standalone) engine.

This is what the skiddies dont get. They arnt just griefing you, they are steeling your *TIME* weather it be forcing you to do a swim like this, or the hours and hours you had into your char before they script killed you.

I tihnk that they do get this, actually, and do it on purpose for that reason. Causing grief is the goal of griefers.

I left my pc on swimming in the water, after swimming for 2 hours, went down town. Come back a hour later and I finally died but I was kicked due to inactivity after dying. Relog onto the server and im back in the water again.

I swam for about 2 hours last night before turning off my pc but my blood was reset this morning

Luckily im now starving, dehydrated, and cold, another 20 minutes and I might be able to play, in total about 4 hours of my electricity hog pc running for squat

I think rockets a dumb arse for not realising his tremendous error

When you are griefed into the ocean, or out on that island, or anywhere that you can not get back to the map without putting something on your keyboard and leaving for a few hours. Try this, There is a glitch that usually honks people off, its when you're trying to connect and get stuck on the 'loading' screen, you hard shutdown the game because you sit for 30 min and dont connect, then when you finally do connect you're at a random spawn point on the coast. Use that. start up ARMA, go through the motions of connecting to your server, but on "loading" hard shutdown the game (It might help to use a server that has ZERO players on it, one that actually hangs you at the loading screen). Then restart and load normally, you *should* be spawned randomly on the coast. Might take a couple tries but saves both the time you had invested in the char, AND saves the time waiting to die/get back to the map... Hope this helps.

I am having a similar issue on a panthera map / villayer servers. I hadnt played in a while and I spawned in the ocean on a boat (even though I was in a town when I last played). The boat never made it to shore, it was like an endless ocean even though I saw land in the distance. Then upon relogging, I was hovering above the water and could not move so my temperature didnt seem to be affected. Now I think I will wait to see if I starve maybe? I tried relogging to different servers at different times but the same thing always happens to me.