Sign in to follow this  
exo.geni@hotmail.it

Hunting Simulation

Recently I've played a game called The Hunter. http://www.thehunter.com/ (Hope it's ok to post the link.)

It's a hunting simulator, i think that it's a great source of features that could be added to DayZ.

It's very realistic, you have to follow tracks such as... uhm shit, animal footprints (google translated, don't know if correct :D ) and blood.

Shit and footprints are different for Deers, Bears and whatever animal there's in game, so you'll need practice to recognise of which species it is.

(Human shit, huh? )

Also, animals can hear/smell/see really far, so it's pretty hard to spot them and you'll need to stealth/walk till you're in shoot/range.

All these features could expand the sandbox, which is always good.

- Uh, the game have digital cameras to take picture ingame, could be a usefull tool in DayZ. -

• Like 3

Good idea sir. I believe Rocket wants to do something like this. The system of walking to point blank range are shooting the critter in da face is pathetic. Also sometimes the animal survives the head shot. I would love to see the animals flee.

The only problem I see is that people will have lots of practice shooting animals and will become better shots. Idea of the average player becoming a better could be bad!! Hahaha

Love it. Would like to see hunting become tougher and more realistic. It's a viable method for getting food but shouldn't be easy. (Anyone who has went hunting knows this) It will definitely add to the depth of the game and give you more to do.

Tracking a bear by mistake could and should possibly prove deadly for you and your group if you're with one.

Edited by Lights Out

i really like this idea. it would be so cool to be tracking a deer or something and end up realizing you weren't the only one tracking it, ending in a awesome firefight.

I would love to see hunting, scavenging and otherwise full woodland survival be possible.

Even if not going as far as the latest hunting games, hunting could get a nudge in the right direction.

I'd expand more on what can be improved and implemented as of now, however.

See my signature for more info.

I love the idea of hunting in dayz, as pointed out, you can walk up to an animal and shoot them point blank, I think it would be awesome to think you are tracking a deer and suddenly you aggro a big ass bear and you have to shot that fucker or somehow escape. Living off the land and in the trees would add some serious depth to the game.

I downloaded and played the game, it's incredibly fucking hard.