Sign in to follow this  
Cyan-Eyed

What exactly do server restarts accomplish and why do they make tents and vehicles disappear?

Last night me and a few friends stole a helicopter, made our own camp and hid the helicopter way up the top of the map. Came on next day to find the helicopter gone, and both tents completely gone. Why do server restarts do this?

Rocket may have fixed tents not saving and keeping gear, but now the server restarts just delete the entire tent, regardless of whether the tents were saved.

Edited by 8-BitSpirit

I think the tents dissapearing is a bug, if they restart again they might come back magicly. :)

server resets reset all loot and crash site locations etc...

might fix destroyed buildings

but the big thing is that it does object cleanup so the server doesnt start to lag like crazy. if youve ever joined a server and you have absolute crap fps for no reason, good chance that server hasnt been reset in a very long time.

server resets reset all loot and crash site locations etc...

might fix destroyed buildings

but the big thing is that it does object cleanup so the server doesnt start to lag like crazy. if youve ever joined a server and you have absolute crap fps for no reason, good chance that server hasnt been reset in a very long time.

Ahh okay, thanks.

I think the tents dissapearing is a bug, if they restart again they might come back magicly. :)

Ok, thanks. What about the helicopter, though? Will that return?

Edited by 8-BitSpirit

Servers do not delete things, the following things happen upon restart:

All inventories are returned to their last save & save location (so unsaved vehicles with loot in will return to spawn with empty inventory)

If a restart occurs and tents / vehicles are not on the map then the restart glitched, a second restart should fix the problem.

Flattened tents will re-build themselves with the inventory they had on last save.

As for your helicopter moving by itself, if not stolen it MAY has reset to its original spawn broken, haven't heard it happen yet on latest patch, but its possible I assume.

All inventories are returned to their last save & save location (so unsaved vehicles with loot in will return to spawn with empty inventory)

If a restart occurs and tents / vehicles are not on the map then the restart glitched, a second restart should fix the problem.

Flattened tents will re-build themselves with the inventory they had on last save.

As for your helicopter moving by itself, if not stolen it MAY has reset to its original spawn broken, haven't heard it happen yet on latest patch, but its possible I assume.

Hmm, ok. Thanks. Although when you said about unsaved vehicles with loot in will return to spawn with empty inventory, do you mean their intended, default spawn points, or the place where it was last left?

Oh, and also, when you said about a second restart should fix the problem, does that mean that my helicopter could be there again after the next server restart? Or just the tents will be there?

Hmm, ok. Thanks. Although when you said about unsaved vehicles with loot in will return to spawn with empty inventory, do you mean their intended, default spawn points, or the place where it was last left?

Oh, and also, when you said about a second restart should fix the problem, does that mean that my helicopter could be there again after the next server restart? Or just the tents will be there?

they will go to where they were last saved, if they were never saved i assume they'll go to default broken down.

@chopper, if its the restart glitch bug it should re-appear, assuming you saved it, if you didn't it will be at one of 2 places:

• Default spawn, broken down.
  • Wherever it was last saved.

they will go to where they were last saved, if they were never saved i assume they'll go to default broken down.

@chopper, if its the restart glitch bug it should re-appear, assuming you saved it, if you didn't it will be at one of 2 places:

• Default spawn, broken down.
  • Wherever it was last saved.

Hmm, odd. I thought that you don't need to save a vehicle to save it's location. I thought that whenever you get out of the vehicle it does an autosave on the location, but to save the gear inside, you have to save.

ive had a similar issue to this last night the server got reset. when i logged back in my heli is gone my truck is gone and both my camps have disappeared im starting to think the server may have been wiped

7 tents spread across the map + ATV.

Sometimes they all disappear.

So far they have all come back with the "next server restart" including the ATV (comes with a tent 2x :beans: and 5 heat packs) at last saved position.

also server restarts improve load times.

if you join a server that restarted recently it will load much faster

Did you save your tent and chopper?

Your chopper could be stolen again, but if you don't save your tents, they will disapear on server restart, otherwise they should stay. They do for us at least.

hoe does this explain tents coming back but not the items inside them?