Sign in to follow this  
Kipale

Fps troubles

Hello. This might be a stupid question, not sure. Today i tried different graphic settings, i turn everything on max but i only have 5 fps? My specs are i7 2600k 3.7Ghz, gtx 560, 16gb ram. When i have game running it says only 10% of my cpu is on use, feels like its not using cpu?

Truth is, the ArmA engine isn't very well optimised for multi-core.

Edited by smasht_AU

haha, watch my video bro. make sure in your video option inside the advanced options these are all turned off.... Post processing effect, antialasing, antistrpohic filter, vsync, Video memory *default* HDR *Normal* Shadow *yourchoice* Visablity 10k, everything els on high! or very high, make sure your interface resoulution is the same as your desktop and the 3d res is the same as your interfafce... then you just watch my video. which is right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbVingLjPE

I dont understand why some people have fps issues. I run an I7-930 @ 4.2Ghz with a Gtx470 @ 800Core and with max settings on everything except antialiasing and postprocessing i get over 70fps on avg. I still yet to try using Sli to see the improvement.

I dont understand why some people have fps issues. I run an I7-930 @ 4.2Ghz with a Gtx470 @ 800Core and with max settings on everything except antialiasing and postprocessing i get over 70fps on avg. I still yet to try using Sli to see the improvement.

It's because most people fail to understand that CPU speed coupled with a well tuned rig (too long to explain) is king in this game,

A fast Quad core with a high L2 L3 cache wil alwaysl provide excellent fps irrespective of most gpu/card speeds above a certain level, the op has issues not related to the A2 engine....

As do most others here.

Hello. This might be a stupid question, not sure. Today i tried different graphic settings, i turn everything on max but i only have 5 fps? My specs are i7 2600k 3.7Ghz, gtx 560, 16gb ram. When i have game running it says only 10% of my cpu is on use, feels like its not using cpu?

Your system is more than adequate enough to play the game on highest settings. But the thing is, some servers (most likely because of HIVE system), causes MASSIVE FPS drops. Sometimes in certain servers, I get 5-10 FPS in open areas let alone in the cities and in some other servers, I get 20-30 FPS in big cities like Elektro. Change the server you're playing on first before dropping your settings. Also turning Post Processing off would give you both a substantial increase in FPS and tactical advantage since you will be able to clearly see the distance without the interruption of blur or HDR. And if all else fails to give you a satisfying FPS, overclock your CPU. I saw gains as little as 10 in some areas after I overclocked my CPU to 3.0 GHZ and even more when I overclocked to 3.2.

Nearly every time, it's the fault of the server people are playing on. I have experienced this countless times while playing DayZ. I have no problems playing both ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead on highest settings except for AA in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer while I get around 15-50 FPS in DayZ depending on my location and the server I am in.

Try other servers. I get really low fps most of the time (around 10), but i found a few servers that get restarted at least daily, where i get a minimum of 15 fps and up to 60.

UK#02 and DE#100 for example. Both private hive servers, but i think the low fps come from too many hacked in items and forgotten loot on the many badly administered servers. At least that's what i read somewhere and it made a lot of sense.

Edited by eule

haha, watch my video bro. make sure in your video option inside the advanced options these are all turned off.... Post processing effect, antialasing, antistrpohic filter, vsync, Video memory *default* HDR *Normal* Shadow *yourchoice* Visablity 10k, everything els on high! or very high, make sure your interface resoulution is the same as your desktop and the 3d res is the same as your interfafce... then you just watch my video. which is right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbVingLjPE

Thats complete BULLSHIT. Go play console games if dont have any knowledge about grapic settings.... turn off PPeffects, AA, AF but set Visablity to 10K.... OMG ... sorry you are stupid.

I hate if ppl say "i get over 70 fps" but dont tells usw the RESOLUTION( the most important thing for gaming performance comparison)

But i can tell: you are runnning a resolution lower as 1280x1024(or you are lying about your fps)

Edited by DirtyCry

arma2oa2012091416045443.jpg

I use the settings u suggested and game looks like shit now :/

(there is button to make pic bigger)

Edited by Kipale

arma2oa2012091416045443.jpg

I use the settings u suggested and game looks like shit now :/

(there is button to make pic bigger)

Mate this ain't COD, that pic? Hmmm i've seen worse.

If you don't like the weird trees, you must turn on AntiAliasing and PPAA (which won't work without AA and smoothes the trees). ALso, did you try the two servers i suggested? I always get great fps on these, unlike on most other servers.

I play on a 5 years old even then cheap Core2Duo @ 2,66 ghz, 2gig of RAM and a 9600GT. AND i can set everything to high and still get 20 fps average (1280x1024), play without AA though cause i dont mind the trees. But the performance hit from AA is minimal, especially with a low end CPU like mine.

But only on properly administered servers are my fps good, at the moment almost only private hive servers. I wish Rocket would force official servers to restart at least once a day. And give admins the option to wipe the server (yeah i can hear the hoarders scream already...).

Edited by eule

If i set my 3d reso (same as norm reso 1980x1080) it makes fps drop alot...

1: Delete Arma2 OA user profle configuration. Start game and let Arma2 CO create new default profile. Exit Arma2 CO.

2: Disable Hyper-threading in your motherboard bios.

3: If still low cpu usage try amra2 startup parameters -cpuCount=4 with Hyper-threading disabled

Edited by Doc Holliday

Jo kipal... go to google and search:

How to install hardware

How to install drivers

How to install a game

Then use:

Texture detail: High

Video Memory: High

Anisotropic filter: Very high

Antialiasing: low

Atoc: All Trees and grass

Terrain detail: High

Objects detail: High

Shadow: High or Normal

HDR Quality: High

PPAA: Disabeld (Its a performance killer, the higher options only useable for Sli, crossfire and ultra low resolution settings)

Postprocess effects: High

Interface size: How you like it? Small big... whatever.. normal is the best I think

Aspect Ratio: 16:9 for 1920x1080 resolution, 16:10 for 1920x1200 resolution ,depends on the nativ resolution of your display

Vsync: off

Visibility: Test it out... 1600 looks fine for you

Interface size = 3D Resolution

3D Resolution = Native resolution of your screen(everything else looks like shitty console games and is totaly noobish)

Edited by DirtyCry

Wow, something weird happend when i was switching options and turned 3d graphics back to 1980x1080 game looks like this.. wtf

arma2oa2012091516372339.jpg

Jo kipal... go to google and search:

How to install hardware

How to install drivers

How to install a game

Then use:

Texture detail: High

Video Memory: High

Anisotropic filter: Very high

Antialiasing: low

Atoc: All Trees and grass

Terrain detail: High

Objects detail: High

Shadow: High or Normal

HDR Quality: High

PPAA: Disabeld (Its a performance killer, the higher options only useable for Sli, crossfire and ultra low resolution settings)

Postprocess effects: High

Interface size: How you like it? Small big... whatever.. normal is the best I think

Aspect Ratio: 16:9 for 1920x1080 resolution, 16:10 for 1920x1200 resolution ,depends on the nativ resolution of your display

Vsync: off

Visibility: Test it out... 1600 looks fine for you

Interface size = 3D Resolution

3D Resolution = Native resolution of your screen(everything else looks like shitty console games and is totaly noobish)

Yes. Make sure to set "Video Memory" to High eventhough everyone's been screaming for months to set it to default so it can use all of your vram instead of 512 MBs...

Wow, something weird happend when i was switching options and turned 3d graphics back to 1980x1080 game looks like this.. wtf

Do NOT switch your settings while ingame. Disconnect from the server, go to main menu and switch your settings while you're in there.