Been away for a few days. Looks like DayZ is playing limbo stick with "active players in the last 24 hours". How low can it go?

I'd imagine it will continue to drop as the summers press hype machine becomes a distant memory and players try other games and wait for the standalone. It makes me chuckle when I see "Oh Noes, DayZ is Dead". People need to chill out a bit.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Its like every dayz someon opens a Thread for it . Dayz Dead. Dafuq rocket look what you did....

its still a solid aktive Playerbase. And only can agree to Fraggle that People w8 for standalone or maybe next Patch.

I'm glad the numbers are dropping every day I encounter more and more survivors who are actually friendly and not just shoot on sight players.

The who stay will be the ones who have the creativity to make this game great and not just get bored and go on killing sprees, because "they have nothing better to do"

• Like 3

I'm going to start a new thread every time someone logs off to have a wee.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 9

I'm going to start a new thread every time someone logs off to have a wee.

Next time you need to go for a piss leave your character logged in, that adds some excitement to the whole process. Better yet, leave it logged in when you need a poo-poo.

Hardcore baby, hardcore.

• Like 3

I'm glad the numbers are dropping every day I encounter more and more survivors who are actually friendly and not just shoot on sight players.

The who stay will be the ones who have the creativity to make this game great and not just get bored and go on killing sprees, because "they have nothing better to do"

I think the average person goes on killing sprees in the game because the amount of hacking going on makes it silly to actually survive only to get teleported to the middle of the map and killed by a hacker. So they just go around death matching in Cherno

A lot of people are playing on private servers too on Lingor etc. You must deal.

This man is spot on. Beans for him. The player base i would estimate at 100/120,000 still. Only difference is many are now playing lingor/takistan/utes and private chernarus hives.

This man is spot on. Beans for him. The player base i would estimate at 100/120,000 still. Only difference is many are now playing lingor/takistan/utes and private chernarus hives.

This.

I will be shifting to private soon, so I imagine that will be one more that won't be showing up.

I'm playing Lingor and I am having the most fun in DayZ ever. Check the map on DB and look at all the loot spawns. No more NWAF pvp spot only. It happens everywhere on Lingor. Server I was on last night was 40+ at one point. Hacker did come in, but w/e spawned on another with buddy and kept going.

I think there are a bunch of 'grinder' types who get bored by a lack of end game content too. I try and play the game sporadically, I enjoy it a lot more and I still haven't got high level loot.

Think a good portion is due to private hives. I've played exclusively on a private hive the last two weeks or so.

It's been awesome.

Loads so much faster.

No deaths to hackers so far.

Tents save and don't dupe weapons.

No ghosting or server hopping and I haven't seen a single player combat log yet.

Kids went back to school and also have homework. Only us Grandpas.

+1

That sounds about right, What parents would leave their kids up all night playing a Zombie game on a school night........

Be interesting to see the stats for the up and coming weekends???

I got served up an old page by CloudFlare from July 26, it was right after the 1 million player mark. There were 189,000 users in the last 24 hours that day. That's a decrease of 55% in less than a month and a half.

It's a combination of boredom, reaction to hackers, back-to-school, private hives and the attitude of the devs.

Next time you need to go for a piss leave your character logged in

I have done this in my noob days - went prone under a tree after looting the Cherno construction site and returned to the Terrifying Screen of Doom. I'm not sure if a zombie followed me up the hill, or a sniper heard me lift the toilet seat.

I've since learned my lesson, and keep a bucket under my chair for such emergencies.

Edited by Drunk in Cherno
  • Like 1

Haven't played on official hive in over a month, only due to scripting bullshit. Once the stand alone is out though I will be back and I can imagine so will many others.

I stopped playing due to the buggy .5 update and having overplayed the game. It got a bit stale and the hackers were a bore. Very much intend to come back to it but I'm sure a lot of people, after the announcing of the standalone are just going to wait for that and not torture more of this alpha stage. At least that's what it is for me.

Dota 2 is keeping me plenty occupied for gaming and soon enough, Torchlight 2. DayZ had its 5 minutes of hype and now the fanboy skeptics have cleared off it can only get better until the inevitable hype surrounding standalone release.

And next week it's borderlands2. Don't get me wrong I like Dayz. But it can't compete with AAA titles in it's current state.