pogoman979

Character wipe for new patch?

it wouldnt serve a purpose to wipe everyone, only muddy the information given back until players get back the balance of players with loot (that can hold on to it) and players who cant...

also alpha testing IS about playing the game, we are not robots here and you are supposed to play the game as a game... not as a robot.

No wipe. We are a group of 6 survivors' date=' have a big camp with a lot off stuff. we never shoot people if they dont shoot at us first. All we do is exploring and looting towns and so on. Thats the fun about the game, keep together talk ingame on direct com and try to find better stuff than you have. You might not need it, but hell it so damn funn to just explore. Why kill people all the time. And remember people have invested alot of time building up chars. Mine and my friends toons have survived for 36 days now and 150 hours ++ ingame. So please no wipe. This is the best mod/game ever!

EDIT: And you are a good tester as anyone even when you play and are exploring.

[/quote']

Yea... but that's not what may need testing.

Once again, you're playing an alpha. Don't expect the devs to refrain from wiping because you've invested so much time in your characters. Lol.

Well so when you are playing alphas/betas on mmos or other games you are not playing? Arent you lvling up? Trying out the game, finding bugs? The best way to test a game is by playing it. not go around look for bugs. Beacuse you will find them anyway. Im ok that when the game hits beta or relase stage you char can be wiped. but not now.

There are enough players dying on a regular basis to give consistent feedback to other terms of gameplay also.

A wipe would just make a SHORT amount of time for players to re-reach high tier gear and start re-testing that for bugs also, on top of that for bugs in the North/Central/Eastern parts of the map.

Guys you're most likely going to lose all this gear and tents at some point anyway.

Too many unused tents clogging up servers now, everywhere I go I see abandoned camps full of empty tents, sometimes 30+ tents in one place.

So if he implements no starting weapons. Your fine with having a choice in whether or not to participate in that change? To me that is a HUGH change and everyone needs to experience it. /shrug

If the no weapon on spawn thing happens, then a character wipe would seem necessary otherwise the gathered metrics wouldn't mean much.

+1 on this.. I have every kind of gear inv the m4 sd and the game is to easy now..

give us a clean hive to run amoc in.. Clear all cars and tents.. that would be nice.. give us all a feeling og starting over at the same time...

Man the Bean lines in cherno will be 1 Km long :-)

wiping chars wont matter much, as everyone will just stash their stuff, run to their tents, and regear where they were, just gotta find new tents.

If you want to test it, you have to wipe servers too.

I have a little basecamp but I agree, for testing, you have to have everyone start over.

Unless they are going full wipe (i.e tents and everything on every server)

its fairly pointless.

before the patch comes.. players will just load their shit into tents. and then respawn.. and run straight to it.

Yes,

Wipe it all. I'd be the best way to see how the changes effect gameplay.

the idea of wiping was that players might not actually be able to get back to where they are currently with the new zombies' date=' as the zeds will (hopefully) be far more dangerous, so attacking places like airfield will be suicide, so getting military weapons will be extremely difficult.

This will change the nature of the game entirely, as opposed to everyone spawning in with weapons that would normally be almost unobtainable.

This is of course contingent on how dangerous the zombies actually are and everyone starting from scratch, as otherwise you can shoot a bandit with good gear and instantly become godlike again.

[/quote']

"Might not"? You base this on what? Zombies see further but it is limited by LoS now; zombies do more damage but can't attack through walls and you can hide from them. What makes you think raiding NW Airfield/Stary Sobor will be any more dangerous?

And to people saying it'll be "necessary" or the "best chance to see how it affects gameplay"... you could not be more wrong. Think about it. If you wipe, then you'll NOT see how it affects gameplay for a long time. There would be overpopulation by the coast and the coastal cities, which would only happen after wipes.

I say no.

Nobody can live forever and any item that a player obtains will be destroyed eventually.

To the OP, no offense but someone who has every item people strive to get on this game HEAVILY biases my opinion on this and no doubt yours.

Fuck no is my response.

Everyone dies eventually, I don't want hours of searching for rare gear to go for nothing.

We're in Alpha, as soon as at least the duping and item cycling are fixed, I would love it if we had a total purging of the system. You're never really going to stop hackers, but since it's Alpha we could do with it.

Wipe yourself, click respawn.

I think either EVERYTHING should be wiped, or nothing.

This includes vehicles, tents, players, humanity, EVERYTHING.

If it's a total wipe, absolutely.

People who're attached to their gear neglect to realize that this is an Alpha... and you're not supposed to be attached to it, for you are testing.

When people play a Beta, they normally don't get to keep the shit they've unlocked in the final release. Why would it be different?

A character wipe would be retarded honestly. All your gonna have is huge death matches on the coast and other crap happening. The only people that cry for character wipes are the ones that can't ever find decent gear.

I would really be against a character wipe.

I don't see anything THAT big of a change to gear that we should have our characters reset.

Gear is random as hell anyways. I think I've found 1 nvg total in the past like 3 weeks.

Sounds like some people don't have decent gear atm ;)

My spide-y senses tell me you're onto something there...

it wouldnt serve a purpose to wipe everyone' date=' only muddy the information given back until players get back the balance of players with loot (that can hold on to it) and players who cant...

[/quote']

This is a valid point. It'll actually slow down the testing because after the wipe we have to wait for a return to the status quo before the longterm ramifications of any new changes could be ascertained.