Eazy-Makaveli

Gangsters in DayZ

ok so heres my idea

Gangs started to form in chernarus. Cherno is west and elektro is east. gangs are hostile to eachother and each one wants to rule over all the ressources on the map.

how it would work:

- players can choose a faction such as west side or east side or whatever.

- to be part of a game, you must wear at least 2 garments of the same color ex: 1 blue pants and 1 blue bandana. only one item doesnt not make you belong to a gang.

- there can be 2, 3, 4 gangs. it doesnt matter really.

- players have to find appropriate clothes in order to represent and be regonized by others as members of the same gang

- have items for each part of the body ex: bandana, tshirt, pants, shoes,etc. wearing a blue tshirt will make others see you as a survivor with blue t-shirt.

- players will have to go into houses in order to find clothes but they wont always find a full set blue or red clothes. they may find a blue jean and a red t-shit for example. so a player will have to visit several houses in order to fully represent.

- killing a player who has 2 or more garments of the same color will count as "rival gang kill". if killed by a player who wear all clothes of the same color, blue for example, will have a skin change showing his homies he killed a rival gang member.

- players skin will change as they kill more enemies. their skin will let you know how many people he killed. ex: 1 kills = one skin update, next skin is at 5 kills, next at 10 and last one at 15. a player who has 15+ kills will have the coolest skin.

punishment: if you kill another gang member, meaning you have 3+ red garments and the other player has 3+ garments too, you will become something similar to a bandit and wont be able to join another gang.

useful:

- players can easily team up with people from the same gang.

- allows more roleplay.

-even though their in your gang, you still might want to kill a fellow gang member to take his stuff.

-you still have to watch out and cant trust anybody as you cant tell if the other gangsters will kill you or not.

- can easily recognize enemies

as you may all know, everybody shoots on sight and unless you group up with somebody you know, you probably never find friendlies anywhere.

I don't think a war-torn, post-apocalyptic, post-Communist country will have Western-style gangs in it...

• Like 1

Do we get to wear are pants around our ankles to?

Dude, if you want to be in a "gang" join a clan. But no, I don't like this, no factions just zombies and humans... And bandits.

Go back to GTA.

Don't use the "Go back to X", as you clearly don't understand what it means.

This idea's relation to GTA is sketchy at best; in that there are gangs in this idea and gangs in GTA. That's about the extent of the similarities.

I don't think a war-torn, post-apocalyptic, post-Communist country will have Western-style gangs in it...

They might not be bloods and cribs but there are gangs in every country of the world, and they all have some way of recognising each other from tats and vests to colored clothing Even a group of survivors is a gang in a way.

and russia has gangs.

Edited by DMC14

To be honest, I do like this idea. It would add more variety of play to the game, and another thing to watch out for. I can't believe people are saying "that wouldn't happen IRL." This game was designed to be open ended and the story developed by the player. Remember our catchline? 'This is Dayz, This is your Story'. Who's to say it shouldn't be possible? This is a sandbox sim right? Don't shoot down an idea just because you think "hes from Gta, and his pants probably sag to much."

They might not be bloods and cribs but there are gangs in every country of the world, and they all have some way of recognising each other from tats and vests to colored clothing Even a group of survivors is a gang in a way.

and russia has gangs.

I know, but since most likely none of the English speakers on this forum are in a Russian gang, we have no idea how they act differently from US gangs. Russia's gangs could wear shoes on the wrong feet for all we know. And since Chernarus isn't real, even if it is just like Russia, we still don't know how Chernarus people would operate as a gang.

But to make real constructive criticism on the actual thread, I think you're trying to get at a Red vs. Blue TDM, right? Well not that fighting isn't fun, but the game shouldn't be centered around fighting. In my opinion.

GTA: SA

Lol, no.

Any gangs and so on should evolve in the game naturaly in my opinion.

• Like 1

I should say more Saints-row than GTA....Purple, Red, Blue....

But still no... <_<

Edited by MitchRan91

Yeah, your name says that you are a fan of Eazy-E and 2Pac. Neither of them were a part of a gang, for your interest.

And do not mix blood and crips into this game, it will cause problems.

Moved to DayZ Suggestions.

Don't use the "Go back to X", as you clearly don't understand what it means.

This idea's relation to GTA is sketchy at best; in that there are gangs in this idea and gangs in GTA. That's about the extent of the similarities.

Well i was kind of doing a parody of the "Go back to COD" rebuttal and i thought people would be in on the joke.

Dealing drugs you say?

I got deez painkillers, maaaan. C'mon, maaaan, I got deez painkillers. A can a' beans a pop!

Was dubious, but read anyway. Completely lost interest at East side and West side.

All this really does is add team colours, and encourages team deathmatch style gameplay. Which is fine, and already happens... But it isn't universal, and has evolved naturally between already existing clans and servers.

Additionally, in the current form where you can't tell friendlies from foes easily, good teamwork and communication is heavily focused upon. Slapping team colours in will eliminate that somewhat.

Not to mention it doesn't match the apocalypse setting in any way whatsoever

So, no.

Next thing you want to shoot your gun sideways. lol

But on a serious note: I've got to agree with Warped_Jack here. Just sounds like some sort of Team Deathmatch, Blue vs Red you're suggesting here and that is not something I'd like to see within DayZ.

• Like 1

Any gangs and so on should evolve in the game naturaly in my opinion.

This↑

If there are ways to customize your appearance it would provide all you need to make this happen. Get some buddies, put on blue shoes or whatever you want your "colors" to be. Take over some "turf." Kill anyone who comes in. If you want gangs in the game, make it. Or just have all your gang members use the William Wallace face, so you're set right now. A menu that pops up when you walk into Cherno and a magic gang scoreboard is just ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, your idea is great, but the whole point is for things like that to evolve naturally, not to be micromanaged by scoreboards and menus.

Edited by slonlo

I think gangs would be a cool idea, but it should be up to the players in game to role-play the way they want it. Not by choosing a faction and etc....