Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

Ok..where the heck did you hide da choppa ?

Have all of the parts ready to go , have done laps of the map in several different servers (7) and cannot find where the damn thing has been hidden, clearly it is not at it's spawn point at Skalisty. Anyone want to divulge some hiding spots ? Our plan was to use it to spot vehicles and move them close to the coast so some new spawns can get wheeled up. And of course crash in a fiery death from the sky.

Been a good month or so since I've seen a vehicle. In both empty servers and filled ones.

• Like 2

Ever since the latest patch update all vehicles are alluding me as well.

Really? I've found MORE vehicles then ever with this newest patch, I've seen 4 UAZ's (my fav. vehicle) in the past week, and I have one now.

I've been founding vehicles everywhere, EXCEPT the helicopter. I've repaired 2 vans, 3 V3S's, 2 tractors, 3 cars, 1 ATV, and seen quite alot of bicycles and buses too. At least 1 guy in the green UAZ.

Helicopters are nowhere to be found I haven't heard or seen any in the sky. Hmmm.

I don't think things can go off map anymore, don't know if it's server specific or not but it's a huge help. Scouting the edge of the map will generally find you a vehicle but it may not be the Huey. After that finding vehicles is easy, check the map for "holes" in the larger forests that aren't frequented, those are good starting places. Good luck. And if you find one, I only ask for the Motorcycle in return.

I don't think things can go off map anymore, don't know if it's server specific or not but it's a huge help. Scouting the edge of the map will generally find you a vehicle but it may not be the Huey. After that finding vehicles is easy, check the map for "holes" in the larger forests that aren't frequented, those are good starting places. Good luck. And if you find one, I only ask for the Motorcycle in return.

I've been playing for over a month, been searching N and W N/W for ages found thousands of tents but ONLY 1 vehicle, a UAZ. Never found more or ever a heli. Quite disapointing :/

Since the release of 1.7.2.6, there seems to be only two kinds of servers. The first has vehicles literally strewn everywhere, and I cannot get from Cherno to Elektro without stepping over an ATV, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, and everything else just practically laying by the side of the road.

The other type is less fun; the one where I spend 5 hours walking to every single known vehicle spawn (both the ones on the DayzDB map, and several spawns that are not listed) and don't find so much as a spare tire.

Unfortunately, the second type seems more common.

Edited by Angel_

Since the release of 1.7.2.6, there seems to be only two kinds of servers. The first has vehicles literally strewn everywhere, and I cannot get from Cherno to Elektro without stepping over an ATV, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, and everything else just practically laying by the side of the road.

The other type is less fun; the one where I spend 5 hours walking to every single known vehicle spawn (both the ones on the DayzDB map, and several spawns that are not listed) and don't find so much as a spare tire.

Unfortunately, the second type seems more common.

The first type are most likely servers that have been hit by hackers teleporting all the vehicles to the coast.

I've been playing for over a month, been searching N and W N/W for ages found thousands of tents but ONLY 1 vehicle, a UAZ. Never found more or ever a heli. Quite disapointing :/

You haven't checked the east? A lot of things can end up there, namely cars and boats but why not have those eh? North East is a good place for vehicles too, if you're not having luck finding things on a single server then systematically search. Have you tried the treeline gaps?

Boats..boats everywhere. I am turning into a fisherman since 2.6. Have been overflown by a heli in 2.6 , heading out to sea s/e of Elektro so they must be a goer, plus every server we have jumped into having a look had tents with all of the parts waiting at the Skalisty spawn. Maybe they are all waiting in vain or they are already out and about and have back up parts, dunno.

We have not actually had any road transport since 2.6 now either come to think of it, just the pbx and that really ....fast.....white... thing..

We/my group have found a URAL, UAZ, GAZ, bike, offroad, V3S and some other vehicles at their spawns in the past week or so.

Yeah they are there just chances are someone's found em first . Only chopper I ever found was on a really quite server that didn't tell you when it was restarting , but the chopper always ended up back in the same place on the docks at solochniey empty of fuel but perfect !! De 2480 if you wanna have a look I doubt the server updated its one of those 49 cent slot ones I think it's just advertiseing it really . Still some of the best fun I've had in dayz . F-kin loved that chopper

I just remembered, there is also an island SE of skalisky at about 10km where you can hide a heli, though I tried with a friend when we had our chopper, if you try to relog there, it tele's you to the coast

this was happeneing on older versions, this happened to you after the new patch?

Hoarders. Better gear up and do a night raid in the camps. Then drive away with a vehicle.