Hikurac

Tell about your first kill.

My friend and I were trying to find each other, meanwhile looting all the residential buildings along the way. He ends up getting Mike Tyson'd by a zombie and broke his leg and gets down to like 900 blood. He retreats to the woods above a village and waits for me - which took about 30 minutes since he was too retarded to try and meet me half way... Running through Elektro I find a bunch of Camo clothing and Ghilli suits just lying around so I pick on of each up and equip the Camo and continue toward him. I finally find him, transfuse him, morphine him, etc and drop the ghilli suit on the ground for him to use. He picked it up and put it on, and just at that moment his character bugs and it makes a duplicate of himself right in front of me and I start unloading into it with an AKM... He respawns on the other side of the map.

Edited by Kingsland

I was climbing the tower in the cherno fire station when i see a guy staring right at me from up the stairs he fired a few shots all over the place i pretty much shat myself and i sprayed a whole clip of akm ammo into his chest.

Ok, this is weird. I'm going to insert something from my thread on here, and you tell me if this sounds like what happened to you.

9/10/12- Warning Signs

You go through the motions, you see the signs, you know the situation. Yet sometimes you ignore them. Sometimes you just let things happen, even if in the end you were right all along.

Part One- The Old Bicycle 2-

"Is anyone here? Look, I'm friendly, I'll gladly come out with my weapon drawn and we can be friendly, maybe exchange a few supplies."

Click, click click.

The sounds of boots on tile echoed throughout the hallway.

"This is your final chance, if you do not respond to me, I will assume you are trying to hurt me, and you will be shot.

Click, click, click.

"I can hear you. Come any closer and you WILL be shot."

Click, click, click. The noises slowly faded away, traveling out the building. Concerned, I look outside the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of whomever came to pay me a visit. Nothing.

Slowly, I inched myself out into the doorway, and out into the hall. Expecting to be shot at any moment, I am surprised to see that no one was waiting for me. Not sure whether I had encountered a player or a zombie following me inside for a brief moment, I continue to loot the building. I loot, and loot, and loot, constantly watching my back, waiting for the threat of the player to come back and kill me. It wasn't until I got to the fire station that things got intense.

I was getting chased by a zombie, and ran, trampling through the grass. I had gone to most every building except the firestation who's tower loomed before me. All the while I was looting I was sure that the player was holed up here, if there was another player. I ran into the fire station hot, only to see what made my blood run cold and my heartbeat quicken.

It was the bike. The same bike I had been looking for when I spawned back in without it. It was in the lowest floor of the fire station. The player was here.

With zombies on the down floor and heading in fast, I had no choice but to ascend. With each staircase I climb, I become more sure that the player is here, and that he's heard me.

As I round to the next staircase, the last staircase, I take a deep breath. I can't say I was ready for what I saw next. A player was there, on the platform above the staircase entrance. He had an automatic weapon. There was a half-second pause. It felt like 3. I fired. He fired. We fired at the same time. It seemed like he had emptied a whole mag into me before anyone reacted. I had accepted death from the time I got up there. I was in third person firing a revolver using hipfire at his chest. Though I am sure I shot him atleast 3 times or not at all. At the end though, as I fell over, I saw the other player do the same. I presumed this was intentional, and I saw him move a little before this, which I assume was lag. So he might, or might not be dead. All I know is I gave him a chance, he refused, and atleast one of us wound up dead. I was aware of the signs. I ignored them. It was all or nothing, and for all I know, both sides got nothing.

Even though I knew he was there, I went on. Even though I saw the signs, I continued on. This time, I want to try to survive. Listen to the signs. Heed to them. But I don't know. Maybe I'm attracted to action. Maybe I'm meant to engage. If so, then I need to get good at it.

If this was you then this is a small world, I'd be freaked out, and I'd tell you that you were a big jerk for killing a guy that would've handed you an M19 for some beans. But you know, since I know you now if you are that guy I wouldn't be as mad.

Edited by metapaus

I was in Cherno, Speddy the Special Rooftop sniper shot at me... I replied with a lucky Makarov shot to the face...

My first kill was an unarmed survivor who snuck up on me and scared me half to death, I panic hit him with my hatchet and then felt bad because I saw he was unarmed.

• Like 1

I was hiding in the Elektro church with a double barrel shotty, when some guy in a ghille suit ran past the entrance firing a 1911 inside. After waiting for him to come back, he tossed in a smoke grenade and charged in.

I promptly pumped him full of 2 rounds of lead pellets....

Some people are just stupid....

In Cherno near the power station, Guy said he was unarmed and friendly on chat, I was pretty new and just ignored him and carried on (had my first ever gun, the Lee Enfield, and felt pretty good about it).

Guy pops up again saying he was unarmed, yet i turn around and he has an axe. Not trusting him I get into one of the industrial sheds with 2 exits and back into a corner so i can see both doors, way I look at it if he doesn't follw it's all good. The guy starts moving from door to door opening and closing them, I assume attempting to throw me off which door hes really at (and failing miserably).

He then runs in swinging and get's a bullet to the face; however I also wake up the neighbourhood. About 25 zombies and a broken leg later i'm alive but doing badly and I leave the pile of corpses and my first kill back rotting in that shed.

Oh I also had my first death at the hands of a player about 2 minutes later as I was crawling across open ground with my broken leg. Distant gunshot 1 miss, distant gunshot 2, dead.

Ok, this is weird. I'm going to insert something from my thread on here, and you tell me if this sounds like what happened to you.

9/10/12- Warning Signs

You go through the motions, you see the signs, you know the situation. Yet sometimes you ignore them. Sometimes you just let things happen, even if in the end you were right all along.

Part One- The Old Bicycle 2-

"Is anyone here? Look, I'm friendly, I'll gladly come out with my weapon drawn and we can be friendly, maybe exchange a few supplies."

Click, click click.

The sounds of boots on tile echoed throughout the hallway.

"This is your final chance, if you do not respond to me, I will assume you are trying to hurt me, and you will be shot.

Click, click, click.

"I can hear you. Come any closer and you WILL be shot."

Click, click, click. The noises slowly faded away, traveling out the building. Concerned, I look outside the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of whomever came to pay me a visit. Nothing.

Slowly, I inched myself out into the doorway, and out into the hall. Expecting to be shot at any moment, I am surprised to see that no one was waiting for me. Not sure whether I had encountered a player or a zombie following me inside for a brief moment, I continue to loot the building. I loot, and loot, and loot, constantly watching my back, waiting for the threat of the player to come back and kill me. It wasn't until I got to the fire station that things got intense.

I was getting chased by a zombie, and ran, trampling through the grass. I had gone to most every building except the firestation who's tower loomed before me. All the while I was looting I was sure that the player was holed up here, if there was another player. I ran into the fire station hot, only to see what made my blood run cold and my heartbeat quicken.

It was the bike. The same bike I had been looking for when I spawned back in without it. It was in the lowest floor of the fire station. The player was here.

With zombies on the down floor and heading in fast, I had no choice but to ascend. With each staircase I climb, I become more sure that the player is here, and that he's heard me.

As I round to the next staircase, the last staircase, I take a deep breath. I can't say I was ready for what I saw next. A player was there, on the platform above the staircase entrance. He had an automatic weapon. There was a half-second pause. It felt like 3. I fired. He fired. We fired at the same time. It seemed like he had emptied a whole mag into me before anyone reacted. I had accepted death from the time I got up there. I was in third person firing a revolver using hipfire at his chest. Though I am sure I shot him atleast 3 times or not at all. At the end though, as I fell over, I saw the other player do the same. I presumed this was intentional, and I saw him move a little before this, which I assume was lag. So he might, or might not be dead. All I know is I gave him a chance, he refused, and atleast one of us wound up dead. I was aware of the signs. I ignored them. It was all or nothing, and for all I know, both sides got nothing.

Even though I knew he was there, I went on. Even though I saw the signs, I continued on. This time, I want to try to survive. Listen to the signs. Heed to them. But I don't know. Maybe I'm attracted to action. Maybe I'm meant to engage. If so, then I need to get good at it.

If this was you then this is a small world, I'd be freaked out, and I'd tell you that you were a big jerk for killing a guy that would've handed you an M19 for some beans. But you know, since I know you now if you are that guy I wouldn't be as mad.

hmmm i doubt it was me tbh i didnt hear anyone speaking when i was at the station i didnt have a bike with me either.

My first kill was in Cherno. I was just running around with my Lee Enfield on my second day of playing DayZ when I heard footsteps behind me. It was a guy who said he was friendly and was unarmed. He then proceeded to steal stuff out of my bag, so I shot him in the leg in the street, threw a smoke grenade at him, and watched as he was eaten alive. Good times.

My first kill was in Cherno. I was just running around with my Lee Enfield on my second day of playing DayZ when I heard footsteps behind me. It was a guy who said he was friendly and was unarmed. He then proceeded to steal stuff out of my bag, so I shot him in the leg in the street, threw a smoke grenade at him, and watched as he was eaten alive. Good times.

That's an interesting kill, because I wonder if by having the zombies finish the job, did the kill not count against you and your humanity, if one was concerned about that.

My first kill was kind of a "dick" kill. I was at balota airstrip coming in from behind the hangars when a guy with a mp5 runs by. He was being chased by like 5 to 7 zombies. I looked through the sight of my kobra and was switching between him and the zombies. I thought of the stories about people helping someone and then the same people were killed by the one they'd helped, so I killed him with 3-4 shots.

Afterwards, i really felt like a dick because his gun was empty and I had shot him without a reason