Sign in to follow this  
tripl_b

learned the hard way

I'm not a bandit but I thought you guys would enjoy this. I just started playing Day Z on Saturday and have played for about 8 hours total. I met another noob through this forum and we teamed up on Monday night for a few hours. We went looting the western small towns and the Balota airstrip. We had a decent haul and decided to call it a night and logged off near a barn northeast of the airstrip down the road from a power station. We agreed to meet up about the same time last night and continue our adventure.

I actually got back on for another hour and looted the airstrip again and had respectable gear - Kobra with 5 mags, few bandages, cans of food, knife, hatchet, entrenchment tool, etc when I finally ended for the night. He had a CZ and some similar items.

Last night at the agreed time I tried to reach him on steam chat and no response. I figure he was playing with someone else so I decided to go it alone but tell him I'll be on the same server. I logged back into the same server (which only had 4-5 players on it at the time) to head back to the airstrip one last time before heading north to Zelenogorsk to look for a tent and other loot. I get about halfway to the airstrip and spot a boar. Since I have a hunting knife and hatchet I figure I can kill it and keep the meat for later once I find some matches. Since there's very few players on the server and they're all probably out of range from me I decide to place the shot. I place 2 rounds into the beast taking it down and while gutting it I'm sniped from somewhere and it's a one-shot kill.

That in itself is obviously no big deal, but I have a sneaking suspicion due to the other guy saying before that he wanted to play like a bandit that he intentionally didn't respond to me steam chat so that he could log on right after me to kill me and loot my stuff. Can't be sure but it's too much of a coincidence not to be him.

So I learned the #1 of Day Z the hard way - don't trust anyone even if you've played with them before.

BTW, you bandits are bastards.

You'll occasionally find someone who will surprise you, but yeah, ultimately it's best not to trust anyone.

Only group I trust are filled with people who understand that a friend is worth more than gear you could lose to a scripter in an instant.

• Like 2

the only people i trust are guys who i met on a different game and have known for over 6 months..... all others must die

Yeah, I've tried playing the hero aspect of the game, but it's just too much work. If they have the potential to hurt me, it's shoot first, questions later.

We're just making the game more interesting.

OR...you're just ruining the game for those of us who play DayZ to survive, hang with new people and kill zombies.

I started off by playing friendly but also learnt the hard way, Never trust anyone on this game, everyone is a wanker and everyone deserves to be shot on sight, even if they shout "friendly" on mic because bandits do that more then friendlies do.

OR...you're just ruining the game for those of us who play DayZ to survive, hang with new people and kill zombies.

I started off by playing friendly but also learnt the hard way, Never trust anyone on this game, everyone is a wanker and everyone deserves to be shot on sight, even if they shout "friendly" on mic because bandits do that more then friendlies do.

You don't honestly believe that this game would be as fun without PvP, right? You can go around holding hands and shooting zombies all you want, but they're no challenge. Once you get a good gun they're easy. It'll get boring.

You came to this game knowing there would be bandits and PvP. Don't complain about it now.

Edited by Ivanuvo

not even yourself

at any moment you could take your own life without warning, and not even know what happened.

• Like 1